2020 Cardinals Game #58 – Sun, Sept. 27 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals Game #58 – Sun, Sept. 27 vs. Brewers

• This topic has 136 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by AvatarTinky.
Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, triple play ruins that.

Participant

Free

Those babblers in the booth were so wound up in their gasbagging they hardly took notice of the triple play!

Participant

Paid - Annual

That makes 2 triple plays Yadi has grounded into. That has got to tie a record?

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1 down, two to go!

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Two down!

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson just misses catching the final out.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Reyes with the walk. Brewers have two on.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Since makes it 5-2. Reyes needs to close the door here.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Single. Run in and the tying run strides to the plate.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s a winner!! Cards clinch the playoff spot and will be heading to San Diego after a couple of days off early this week!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Will that be Reyes’ first major league save?

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

his second, cards27

congratulation boys!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Hold me back gang…….I want a piece of those Pads! Last time we played SD in the playoffs, Rafael Belliard and our Birds did a number on them.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Avoiding Detroit is nice. Trevor Rosenthal coming in for the bottom of the 9th in SF for the Pads to try and save it for the Brewers.

Participant

Free

well good pitching overall and now a day of rest. We will see how things go in the playoffs.

Participant

Free

I was there at that game Pugs. Fun! Jimmy Edmonds handed out his first “game ball” of the postseason, iirc.

Then dinner, drive back home 80 miles, and fill up my gas tank at my local station 3 blocks from my house.

And who is filling up his tank next to me? Jimmy!! I went crazy.

Participant

Paid - Annual

It was a long difficult struggle this season but we survived to keep going. Well done gentlemen.

The Padres will be tough but you never know. If the games are a slugfest we will be in trouble but if we can turn them into low scoring bullpen games we will have a chance. Only have to beat them twice.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

That series went as scripted, with the Cardinals getting 3 games being enough to get into the post season. Although this year’s post season is more or less an asterisk for seeds 6 through 8.

The Padres will likely make short work of us next week, but at least we got a little success to build on for next year. And you never know in a 3 game series. Flaherty pitches like 2019 – we have one of those 8-9 run games – the bullpen is hot. You gotta play the games so we will see.

Anyone know if any of these games are on MLB.tv? If they are only on cable channels I won’t be seeing anymore Cardinal baseball in 2020. The season has gone by like Superman going to get his next bad guy.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m sure Jimmy was equally elated to see you up close, So_Cal. What a sweet game to attend. Very hard to believe that was 14 years ago. We had a marvelous gentlemen poster back then by the name of DizzyDean17…..and I remember him saying he was 59 years old during that 2006 season. That would make him 73 now. Hope he’s doing well. Let’s beat those Pads again.

Participant

Free

That’s a winner!

October baseball coming up!

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

That’s a cool story about seeing Jim Edmonds at the gas station of all places, after the game SoCal. I remember that series well as even though we barely got to the post season, and everyone counted us for a quick exit, I felt game one at San Diego favored us with Carpenter vs Peavy. I was in the workout room of the building of my former employer when Albert put us up 2-0, and extended my workout quite a lot to watch the game. 🙂

Participant

Free

That was a great year for Cardinals baseball. I was so happy for TLR, as there seemed to be a lot of negativity toward him on some forums. I used to hang at the stlouissportsforum that had some nice guys, but I felt I had to leave because of one poster’s hatred of him.

Jimmy thought I was just another crazy fan. I actually interrupted his phone call to tell him I was there! Back then he lived a half mile from me but never thought I’d see him in person at my own gas station!

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s a great story, SCCF! Quite the cool interaction.

I had suffered through the two near misses in ’04 and ’05 as a college student. After graduation, I felt like that ’06 team had a puncher’s chance if they could get healthy for October. They mostly did and the rest was history. I jumped so high when Waino got that last out that I nearly hit my head on the ceiling. Only an 8 foot ceiling, but that would be rarefied air for middle aged me now. Lol.

Participant

Paid - Annual

You’re getting old, Stlcard25. Yeah that was quite the feeling after Waino registered that final ’06 out. Unfortunately, I did not have any in person encounters with Jimmy, Raffy or Tony, but I do recall RatsBuddy and me having about a 15 minute phone chat. Remember Rat?

Participant

Free

Those are cool stories! Hopefully we can celebrate some this postseason.

Yadi about his triple play

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years