2019 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS TOP PROSPECTS VOTING

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2019 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS TOP PROSPECTS VOTING

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 737 total)
  • Author
    vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kelly at #7

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kelly @ #7

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Thomas is a real sleeper. And probably the reason that Mercado was eligible for trade. Thomas is real close to Mercado in speed and defensive ability and has a lot more power.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I feel proud to be intertwined with such esteemed posters as Robert Cobb & RememberDiz in our unwavering quest to see future MLB superstar, Malcom Nunez, be given his just due here at The Cardinal Nation. As such, if it please the distinguished Pads, I would like to vote for Mr. Nunez in slot #7 of the St. Louis Cardinals Top 50 Prospect list. As a quick aside, I would like to acknowledge BobbyReed’s attempt to sway me in Kelly’s direction. For years BobbyReed has been a baseball mentor for me here at this site. It should go without saying that Mr. Reed has taught me about 90% of the baseball knowledge that I now possess……thank you, sir! And it is with an extremely heavy heart that I did not listen to him in this instance. But I honestly think we have an absolute freak of nature on our hands here with Malcom Nunez. One that the world of baseball has never seen. Let’s keep those fingers crossed.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

There are still some very interesting names available.

#7 – Carson Kelly

grenadier1
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

#7 Carson Kelly. I think I’ve fallen into a little bit of prospect fatigue with Carson Kelly, but he and Knizner are essentially the same age. I see them as being virtually tied with the winner being whomever continues to improve their perceived weaknesses. Between the two, Knizner has been played at 1B which to me signals that the organization believes in his bat, but more in Kelly’s glove. I haven’t seen that as much this year, but food for thought.
    Getting close to voting for Nunez, but a couple of others that I have also been keeping an eye on down in the lowly rookie leagues are: Jhon Torres (I see him and Nunez pretty equally ceiling wise), Jean Selmo (Can anyone layout his Rule 5 draft status for simple minds like me?), Victor Garcia (#19 Int’l prospect in 2016 signing class with power and starting to hit in the GCL), Julio Puello (numbers look good, but does anybody know what kind of stuff he has?) and Carlos Soler (in season promotion to GCL, which I haven’t seen too often.)

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

The voting after this round (assuming Kelly wins) is going to get very muddied. I’d be in favor of going 8, 9 , 10 with the next round of voting and then groups of 5 after that.

Wiley
    Participant

Free

I’ll say this about Malcolm Nunez…he just may have Vladdy Guerrero Jr. potential. He hit for the Triple Crown for God’s sake in half a season. So at # 7, I vote Nunez over a catcher who may end up as a back-up if he doesn’t start hitting major league pitching.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

#7 Kelly

PadsFS
    Participant

I am going to close it later today. Does everyone else want to do a set of 3 for 8, 9, and 10? I’m okay with either way of voting.

Kelly has 9 to 4 for Nunez, 1 for Thomas, and 2 for Helsley currently.

Waiting for a few more to trickle in.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m fine either way, if it keeps us on schedule or catches us up.

flood21
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Kelly @ 7

forsch31
    Participant

Free

I like 1 at a time through the first 10, at least.

bccran
    Participant

Helsley at #7.

14NyquisT
    Participant

I’m with Forsch.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Cranny where have you been?

Wiley
    Participant

Free

I’d be fine with the 8,9,10 together Pads.

Bob Cobb
    Participant

Paid - Annual

i’m fine with voting however the majority wants to do it.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m with Forschster, Wiley and Robert Cobb on how we want to structure our voting. Welcome back, Cranny! Truth be told, I didn’t know you were missing in action until BlackHills brought it up….but now that he did, yes indeed, glad you’re back in the Cardinal Nation saddle, Cranny!

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

OK.

8. Nunez
    9. Torres
    10. Montero

I did like what I saw of Thomas and Arozarena. Mejia looked good against Durham. But, Thomas and Arozarena hit with authority, controlling the ball.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

I am overwhelmed by your generous words, Pugs. Your good humor has frequently served as a model for all of us to follow, especially yours truly. The internet can always use more magnanimity, and you bring that with brio.

As for the other thing, whatever the majority decides is fine with me re 8, 9, 10.

(I’m getting close to voting for Nunez, Pugs. Pretty darn close.)

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Pugs, I like your decisive indifference.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You’re too kind, Bobby! Nice to see that both Bobby and Forschster are right on the precipice of pulling the Nunez trigger. It’s really going to be fun to look back at these selections 2-3 years from now to see how all of our picks are faring. Oscar Taveras just popped into mind. Oscar would have been about 25 years old now. I wonder what kind of a ballplayer he would have evolved into at this stage?

PadsFS
    Participant

Kelly wins the vote for #7.

Voting is now open for #8-10.

Again, these will be weighted so that a vote at 8 is worth more than a vote at #10 so be sure to put your prospect picks in order.

PadsFS
    Participant

RememberDiz, I’ll still of course keep your picks, except I think if you’re referring to Eheluris Montero, then he has already been picked.

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 737 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.