2018 Reg Seas Game #71 – at Phillies – Tue 6/19

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #71 – at Phillies – Tue 6/19

Viewing 8 posts - 101 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    858booyah
    Participant

Free

I’m sure he sleeps fine every night Pugs. He’s got 14 million reasons to have a nice slumber.

However if I’m Fowler. I have to wonder when I stop seeing starts. I don’t think Bader is 100% the answer but he’s not a liability in the field and has some speed. Both

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I fully expect Holland to get shelled the next time he hits the mound. Last night both of his strikeouts were gotten because both batters batters reached way out of the strike zone for that down and low slider that he throws. That’s not going to happen next time.

14NyquisT
    Participant

I’m not a Holland fan at all but I hope he becomes more consistent and earns some of that money that was dropped in his lap. The FO has given away Walt White-type money to others who have given back very, very little.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I have never heard of blisters being an ongoing problem? Maybe a few days or even a week, ,but not this long. Strange. But shelving Bowman takes away one of our worst relievers, and Mathenys go to guy.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

C27…Bowman has Reynauds Syndrome which is a circulatory disease. The blisters are the first manifestation of it.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Too bad for Bowman. He was pretty good in 2016 and 2017, his first two years with the Cardinals. WHIP for 2016 was 1.167, and for 2017 it was 1.193.

I wish Holland the best. We would be a much better team if he was the guy our FO thought we were getting.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

i looked up that syndrome…pretty crazy stuff depending on the severity, hopeful for a speedy recovery

Holland looked aggressive in the game last night…that last strikeout even reminded me of him last year when he was pretty darned good

having said that..he did leave one up to Hoskins that he hit into the 4th deck i believe (foul but not as sould enough to think Hoskins was on it)

I think HOlland still has something left hopefully he finds it and we can get some more value out of that 14million…that hold (i think it was a hold…i havent checked the box) last night was a step in the right direction

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That is a crazy thing about Bowman. I was beginning to believe the front office was trying to pull something.

Viewing 8 posts - 101 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years