2018 Reg Seas Game #71 – at Phillies – Tue 6/19

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #71 – at Phillies – Tue 6/19

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

LOL Pugs. I might be missing in action some during this game. Unfortunately, I have to run a couple errands tonight before too late. I’m not sure which inning to leave…afraid I’ll miss a Cards offensive outburst.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow…Carpenter has to put a little more mustard on his throws.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Be here for the 6th, Euro.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Weaver had such impressive control in the minors. He has rarely showed that in the bigs. The lack of a good breaking ball really makes him have to nibble. Maybe he can pull a Wacha and develop that in the next 3-4 years.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

With Carps’ throws, I think we can start measuring launch angle on them…or maybe hang time.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Luke had a shot to get out of the inning but lost the sub .200 hitter. The lineup turns over and Luke rolls toward 50 pitches.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

McCarver has never seen Game of Thrones??? Never thought I would like it either, but boy was I wrong! Same for The Crown. That English monarchy stuff has always bored the daylights out of me. But ‘The Crown’ changed that. ‘Ozarks too….only one season, but what a season it was! Back to bsseball.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Same thought here on the control issue, stlcard25. In the bigs, it’s harder for some guys to trust their stuff and they get a little too fine.

Thanks for the tip on the 6th, Pugs. I better leave now.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carp struck out on a ball. I bet that guy has had the most balls called strikes of anyone in baseball.

Pham hits a bomb to left! 1-1 Cards

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pham smokes a drive deep to left!!! …and that baby will light up the scoreboard!!! Long long gone and we have ourselves a tie ballgame!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

These guys taking 3-1 fastballs with two outs…not sure about that.

Martinez does walk, though. Ozuna up with a shot to do some damage.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ooops! I think my advice resulted in Euro leaving to do his errands, thus just missing the Pham homer by a scant 3 minutes….hope he’ll forgive me one day. Hopefully we have Mr. Cy Velasquez figured out now….if gives up another run, he’ll lose his new first name, Cy.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Weaver needs a short inning here.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Couldn’t you just picture Pham in a Philly uni? He just fits….with both the uni and the city. I’ll take Cy Velasquez straight up for him….but Philly wouldn’t.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

At least the ump was consistent on the edge on that one. It was well inside several that Velasquez has gotten called tonight.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Herrera unties it on a hanging curve…2-1 Phils

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs, I think the Phillies would at least consider that. Pham is a pretty good player.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Herrera just untied things with a line shot into the lower bleachers in right with no mates aboard….2-1 Phils.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’d pull the trigger in a flash on that trade, stlcard25. But you’re right….Pham does have value.

What’s happened to Hoskins this year?? When he came up last year you couldn’t get the guy out.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dexter is just lost…way behind on pitches right down Broadway and watches others sail right on by that are right in there. Wonder what the opposing teams books say about Dexter this year…probably something along the lines of “whatever you do DO NOT WALK THE MAN”!!

Munoz with a 2 out base knock to right.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Big trouble for Luke here. None out and runners on the corners.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That brief inconsequential Fowler slip out there in right on the leadoff Philly single may not seen like much…..but for me it’s yet another signal that his head is not totally in the game as it should be.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bases loaded for the leadoff man. Weaver may not even make his usual 5 tonight.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Martinez may be the worst fielding 1st baseman I’ve see since Pony league play…..and I say this in all sincerity. But what do you do with this Jekyl & Hyde?? The man is an all star offensively and defensively is down right offensive to we Cardinal fans. It’s becoming painfully apparent that all the training in the world is not going to transform him into even a slightly below average fielder . He has TREMENDOUS value as a DH….we just have to trade him.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

3-1 after a bases loaded walk by Weaver.

Weaver is just freaking terrible! A granny would all but cement it and hopefully someone like Hudson would get a shot. Move his bum ass to the pen!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.