2018 St. Louis Cardinals Top Prospects Voting

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 St. Louis Cardinals Top Prospects Voting

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 560 total)
  • Author
    David Greenwald
    Participant

Going with Flaherty. I think he has a higher upside and a more sure thing.

bccran
    Participant

Flaherty #2

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

#2 Weaver

TheLonelyBull
    Participant

Free

“But dont forget, Reyes has shown (when healthy) he can perform at the major league level. Kelly hasnt.”

In 39 at bats over half of August and all of September in 2016, Pham looked like he didn’t belong. Of course, I was crying about his lack of playing time because I knew Pham was a player, but most fans were lambasting him and gave him no shot because of his lack of performance over those 39 at bats. My recommendation is to stop judging players who play sporadically. You are right, Carson hasn’t proven himself, but it’s not his fault. It’s his manager’s fault for not giving him an honest opportunity.

ibruce
    Participant

#2 Weaver

14NyquisT
    Participant

#2 Flaherty

14NyquisT
    Participant

I just wanted to add that Flaherty is going to get a shot at the’18 rotation and IMO he’ll will get a spot.

****This is not criticism….**** Kelly will be watching from the bench for how many years? Likely he’ll be traded because Molina thinks himself to be Gordie Howe. KIR

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

When the voting started, the first name that came to mind was Kelly. Then, I started thinking about the movement on Reyes’ pitches, and decided to vote for Reyes. Sure hope his control is still decent. I see Reyes’ and Kelly as a future All-Stars. Not sure I can say that about any other player in the organization, yet.

Carson Kelly #2.

PadsFS
    Participant

ibruce and blackhills, Weaver is no longer an option. He’s surpassed the innings limit for a rookie.

14NyquisT
    Participant

pads, I guess the 1-20 will be one player voting. I think there was some discussion last season about how prospects will be voted on after that. We used 5 at a time last year. What are your thoughts going forward? I don’t have a clear cut choice and feel it should be left up to you.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Sorry about that. Flaherty gets my #2 vote then.

PadsFS
    Participant

We can start doing 5 at a time at #6-10. I’m all for it. I think it gives a better consensus.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty #2

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty #2

PadsFS
    Participant

Looks like Flaherty has pulled off the upset over Carson Kelly for the #2 spot at 7-5

Voting can start for #3!

My vote is for Carson Kelly again.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Bader #3

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carson Kelly #3

14NyquisT
    Participant

My #3 is 22 y.o. Dakota Hudson. The 1st rd.pick in ’16 6’5″ 215 was named the Texas League’s Pitcher of the Year (the 1st Springfield Card to do so). SRFD ERA= 2.53, 1st in the league and only gave up 5 HRs and 34 BBs in 18 starts. His Game Start Avg. in July= 62.0 Aug= 62.4.

After moving up to Memphis he made 7 starts and yielded only 2 HRs. In his two post season starts so far for MEM his GSavg= 58.5. His 2016 & 2017 WHIP were exactly the same at 1.28, this after moving up three levels.

I like to see prospects progress through the system quickly and maintain effectiveness. If Flaherty is #2, Hudson is right on his heels and will be playing in Busch in ’18…. his third pro season. He should be considered our #6 starter until AW returns. His projection is the same as Flaherty’s.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Kelly can’t make our top three, I don’t understand why people are worried that he’s blocked by Molina. I think he is the best catching prospect in baseball, BA ranking notwithstanding. If he was playing somewhere instead of sitting on the bench, he would be ranked 1 or 2 here.

Kelly #3

PadsFS
    Participant

Hudson doesn’t strike enough people out for me. 4.42 K/9 in AAA?

Brianpnoonan
    Participant

Free

Kelly again

Flaherty has an argument… No way kelly should be outside top 3.

PadsFS
    Participant

CC – When did Bader pass Kelly in your mind?

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kelly #3

14NyquisT
    Participant

mud…. that’s exactly why I can’t put Kelly in the top three. He isn’t and won’t be playing enough to make much of a contribution. He would probably be starting for some MLB teams in ’18…. but not in St. Louis. I think that the F.O. made a decision to spend money on Molina and have him play the next three seasons. That’s enough time for Kelly to lead in league in splinters. Another FO screw up.

ps. don’t get me wrong, I’ve always been a Kelly fan (I watched a short clip of him driving to his first spring training) but how much more can he learn from Matheny? He may be the real deal but how will anyone know? He could be ripping it up but only Molina will decide when CK gets any playing time. Something just ain’t right here. Sorry Carson…. no soup for you.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

#3 is Kelly

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 560 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.