Wainwright contract

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Wainwright contract

Viewing 6 posts - 126 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well I’m glad the Cardinals resigned him. Waino pitched great last year, was worth every penny. I also had no problem with what waino made before. This opinion that players should never be paid for past performance is just wrong especially considering how teams don’t want to pay for possible future performance with younger players. Teams can’t have it both ways. Far as Fowler and carpenter. Fowler was never worth half of what he got and it was easy to see carpenter was in decline before the Cardinals way overpaid him. They could have still gave him a nicesum just not the sum they did. I hope it’s the full 8 million for waino. I do think it’s probably it for him which would be fine especially if the year turns out great.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This contradicts Goold’s report but seems more credible due to the level of detail.

Participant

Free

I would love for him to get that $500k bonus for 1-10 CY…. I’m sure Dewitt and Mo would love to pay that too!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Well that is pretty fair I think. It rewards him with having a good year last year in that 8 million is guaranteed and he can’t be traded. I would have liked to see some innings based incentives other than these which are probably beyond him at this point but still a fine deal for a true cardinal great. To me he’s worthy of a cardinal red jacket.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would love for him to get that $500k bonus for 1-10 CY…. I’m sure Dewitt and Mo would love to pay that too!

I dunno, I think I’m most partial to the idea of him winning the World Series MVP.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Now stlcard25, that sounds awesome.

Viewing 6 posts - 126 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years