TCN Pitchers/Players of the Month – 2019

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum TCN Pitchers/Players of the Month – 2019

This topic contains 53 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Cardinals27 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 51 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I still think Arozarena was the right call, as counting stats still mean something when all is said and done. If WAR for minor leaguers was a thing, I’m fairly sure he would have had a higher one than Nogowski in June.

The Fagalde snub wasn’t really defensible from any position. There ought to be an inquiry. Don’t be surprised if this puts a permanent chip on Alexander the Great’s shoulder that propels him to future MLB stardom.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Well, the way I see it, if counting stats were the best way to compare players, they wouldn’t have a batting champion each season. They would crown the hits leader. Same with ERA champion vs. fewest runs allowed on the pitching side.

Rate stats – June
    Edge Arozarena – SLG (barely)
    Edge Nogowski – BA, OBP, OPS, walk rate, strikeout rate

Counting stats – June
    Edge Arozarena – hits, runs, home runs, steals, walks (good), strikeouts (bad)
    Edge Nogowski – doubles, RBI

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just thought of this as well. Fagalde pitched 2 levels above Seijas.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice shout out by Memphis announcer who said the Cardinals announced Nogowski as player of the month. I was watching a replay of a July 1st broadcast. Sorry they didn’t give credit to The Cardinal Nation.

Viewing 4 posts - 51 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years