StL 2019 NLCS Game 4 thread: Tue 10/14 at Nats

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 NLCS Game 4 thread: Tue 10/14 at Nats

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Time is running out, Redbirds need to make some noise.

1982 willie
    Participant

hey goldy hit the ball

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Ozuna finds a hole in the infield. Single but 2 outs

1982 willie
    Participant

yea they are at least sweating it a little now.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yes Goldy hit the ball but he popped it up, would have made a nice sac fly if anybody was on base.

1982 willie
    Participant

Molina has wore out that swing at first pitch thing. its great if its a strike but not so much other times

1982 willie
    Participant

I know Wooster but after 7 ks in a row, it seemed like I should mention it.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yadis on the hard way, DeJong next

Wooster
    Participant

Free

All goid Willie just being a wise acre

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Bases loaded with Red Birds!

1982 willie
    Participant

well was hoping dejong would get a pitch to hit there. pinch hitting for bader seems the right move with carp but bader has swung it pretty good today and he can hit a fastball. but he has struggle din this situation but carpenter has struggled all year.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

0 for 7 vs Hudson and now 0 for 8 after a weak rollover ground ball. IF Carpenter is back next year, they to tell him to start using the whole field and stop worrying about his launch angle.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Imagine that- Carp pulled it to the shifted right side- who’d a thunk it?

1982 willie
    Participant

well our best chance down the drain. I cant fault shildt for the move but I wouldn’t have made that move tonight. bader was looking good at the plate and at this point can hit a fastball better than carpenter in my opinion which Hudson mainly throws. plus bader is just as capable of homering as carpenter. but shildt went on track record instead of paying attention to the game but who knows, bader may have did worse. I just believe you manage on a game to game basis not base everything on past history.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bull pen has done their job. Need to find some offense in the top of the ninth.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Only fitting that Carp strands the bases loaded. Kind of sums up his season. I really hope there’s a massive shift in our lineup for next year, we were fortunate to make it this far and it won’t happen again with this crew. But other teams are seeing what we see, so trade value will be low for most of our starters. Would anyone really make a trade for Ozuna with his terrible defense? DeJong is a good defender, but can’t make contact any more. Carp…Fowler…’nuff said. There’s still hope for Bader in my view, Goldy should stay as should Wong and Molina. Maybe trade J-Mart for an AL outfielder. I’m hopeful for next year with our pitching, but this LCS was just pathetic and made our weaknesses stand out.

Nathan Leopold Jr.
    Participant

Free

Congratulations to the Nationals. They played well.

Congratulations to junior for drawing 3.4 million. I know he’s happy.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Turn out the lights, the party’s over.

r/Esteemed Rat

1982 willie
    Participant

well cardsredsox4ever, I agree with you but the cardinals aren’t known for dumping everyone especially in fowler and carps case they owe them lots of money. I think they could eat one of their salaries. ozuna is a free agent now and im hoping we let him go. too much up and down and pretty bad defense. totally agree on bader. he needs to work on things during off season and spring training. I still think we need better hitting instruction against pitchers that mainly focus on off speed pitching.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Gave it away in the first inning and made a game if it the rest of the way. Our lack of real hitters really showed in the 8th when we had bases loaded and no way to get them in. So we’re good in all facets except scoring. Central Division Champs is really good. Gonna be better next year? Maybe with some better hitters. Got to say Congratulations Cardinals for a great season. Go Cardinals!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Just an embarrassing series for the Cards. They were emasculated. With the bases loaded and two outs, and amazingly they have a chance, they send up Matt Carpenter as the go-ahead run. Instead of effing them up, that’s how you eff yourself up. Also, somebody wake up Goldy and let him know the LCS has started and finished.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

The cardinals aren’t known for dumping everyone especially in fowler and carps case they owe them lots of money.

You are right, 1982willie. a big change to our lineup will be very expensive, if even possible. And Cards’ reluctance to sign free agents means we’re probably in for a stretch of struggling in the Division.

But good for the Nationals. I wish them luck against the AL…could be Houston. Go figure!

1982 willie
    Participant

well pretty dismal series by our guys. we saw plenty of reasons for why we need outfielders that can play decent defense. not everyone has to be bader but 2 balls in two games that should have been caught. both changed the game very much. we see we need some better instruction on how to adjust to what pitchers are doing especially with the off speed stuff. but I want to commend our team for one thing in this series. after going down 7-0, they could have called it in, and I don’t think after what we have seen prior that anybody would have cared. but they didn’t. our pitchers worked great and we made it a game. even had the go ahead run at the plate albeit with carpenter but still. it was nice to see them show some pride. I think Washington at this moment was the better team, top to bottom. I congratulate them on going to the world series and wish them well. I probably wont watch the series unless the yankees pull the improbable and beat Houston but I doubt its going to happen. in the end it was a great season for the cardinals. above my expectations going in anyway.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Anyone know if there was an actual shift in the batting numbers when Buddah was let go. This series sure didn’t seem like it.

They won’t be able to get rid of either Carpenter and Fowler unless someone is banking on either of them for a slight rebound and wants to swap a bad contract. Judging by the in season results of Carpenter and the postseason results by both that seems to be near impossible. Never say never!

MPWR2
    Participant

Free

The Cardinals got as far as this team was designed to go. They made it back to the playoffs and even won a round. I guess that is a successful season.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 118 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.