StL 2019 NLCS Game 4 thread: Tue 10/14 at Nats

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 NLCS Game 4 thread: Tue 10/14 at Nats

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

No need to explain Rats. When you drop a throw and let a fly ball drop between 3 guys and don’t hit, bad things come a calling.

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Came home to see a 7-0 rout, but feels more like an execution. Has there ever been such an unproductive LCS by the losing team in baseball history? Wouldn’t surprise me if no. Questions for MO for the off season…where’s our Robles? Where’s our Rendon? Where’s our Soto? That said, we are farther than most of us thought we’d be at the ASB. Just hope the FO doesn’t think that means we only need tweaks to get to the WS next year. We will need much, much more than that.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Redbirds get on the board … it’s a start. Need to keep chipping away.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Avatar1964cards.
    Participant

Free

well nothing has changed except our pitching got worse. Hudson couldn’t make it through one inning. that play by Martinez just says it all though. hes got to take charge and catch it, if he bumps somebody, oh well. but we still cant hit so maybe giving up those runs justs puts us out of our misery. one thing is for certain, se are going to have to get batting coaches that can teach our guys how to hit stuff other than a fastball. we need better approaches at he plate. I just watched goldy strike out for the 6th straight time. looking at these guys, you would think they have never seen those type pitches. unless a pitcher hangs one, most of our guys have no chance, its not just bader, its practically everyone now. I know its not easy but it comes down to approach at the plate. if you don’t adjust, you are gonna get the same stuff over and over.

Participant

Free

NIce to see the Cards completely fold and just give this game away to end their season….what a joke, they showing everybody they don’t deserve to be here at ALL!

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Why don’t they deserve to be here? They won their division, granted while balanced maybe not the strongest of division. They beat Atlanta 3-2 coming back from 2-1 and winning in Atlanta twice. So yeah, they deserved to be here. Just ran into one of those series where the other team is better.

Participant

Free

They backed into winning the division at the end of the year….sure they beat Alt but who doesn’t in the post season 🙂 and no this is just not where the other team is better… this is a MLB team facing a A lvl team.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Lead man on … need to do something here.

Two on, no out … need to chip away.

Bases loaded, no out … need to get some runs here

Participant

Free

Happy this team won the division and played in the NLCS. If you would’ve told me that in April I’d take it. Bad taste in mouth how this team got owned this week but in the end this team over achieved and we as fans had a fun last three weeks.

Participant

Free

Yadi’s still in the game. Missed the first 3 innings- glad I did. Who would of known our starter would get torpedoed. Boy these tbs commentary guys are really getting off on talking us down. Makes me want to smack him. As bad as espn, always talk up the team thats winning. Game turns around they start talking up the other team. We may not win but we’re by no means totally incapable.

Participant

Free

hey we got some speed on, can we keep this going.

Participant

Free

maybe not, fowler pinch hitting, maybe he can draw a walk,. prob not hes swung at 2 balls

Participant

Free

Been a Cards diehard since 66. Not enjoyed this team at all this year due to one of the very worse hitting team I have ever watched. Look at the averages and tell me you really want any of these guys back with the exception of Edmons and Goldy because of his silly contract?
    How do you even start to sell that next year? Sadly Mo will and his tweet talk all that will be done.
    Get ready for several years of bad baseball. This performance versus the Nats is beyond description and will not go away anytime soon.

Goodnight.

Participant

Free

hey he stopped swinging.

Participant

Free

Bases full if Redbirds…

Participant

Free

a couple big hits here and it could get exciting

Participant

Free

right field edman

Participant

Paid - Annual

Plated one, lead to cut to five. Martinez with a chance to chip away.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Oh for a hit

Participant

Free

well better than a double play, corbin is ripe for the taking.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Big hit there

Participant

Free

way to go martinez

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards are showing some life. Jmart drives one off the wall and the Cards make it 7-4.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Martinez cuts the lead to three with one out. Goldy and Ozuna with a chance to chip away.

Participant

Free

JMart the guy that couldn’t get in the game whacks a double up against the wall , knocks in 2 more!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years