Home › The Cardinal Nation Forums › Open Forum › StL 2019 Game 92 thread: Sun 7/14 vs. D-backs
- This topic has 78 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 2 months ago by
atripleshyofthecycle.
-
AuthorPosts
-
July 14, 2019 at 4:04 pm #97944
Never walk a batter in the 9th, now they’re killin me!
July 14, 2019 at 4:08 pm #97945This 9th inning has disaster written all over it.
July 14, 2019 at 4:08 pm #97946Nothing easy with this bunch. Hanging on now.
July 14, 2019 at 4:09 pm #97947Marte walks and the bases are now totally occupied with slithering Diamondbacks. If we lose this one! Something is going to pay the price….my wife’s prized Crystal ornament is the closest beatable object to me.
July 14, 2019 at 4:11 pm #97948We pulled it out but I think I ran out of Rolaids.
July 14, 2019 at 4:11 pm #97949That was not pretty.
July 14, 2019 at 4:12 pm #97950Pugs, you can get your straw hat for $31.95 plus shipping on ebay. A photo of you wearing it could start something that could rival the old pink shirt thread…
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=cardinals+straw+hat&_sacat=0
July 14, 2019 at 4:13 pm #97952I noticed a lot of empty seats today. The BFIB can’t take a little July heat?
July 14, 2019 at 4:13 pm #97953Too much excitement in the ninth. Brebbia was outstanding earlier in the year. Has control problems lately.
July 14, 2019 at 4:18 pm #97954Today’s attendance announced at 43.439, about 1,000 short of a sellout. I guess more stayed away.
July 14, 2019 at 4:22 pm #97956At this point we need to see more of Gallegos and less of Brebbia. At least until Brebbia gets his ship righted.
July 14, 2019 at 4:23 pm #97957Ha ha!!! Thanks Brian!! I’m kind of partial to that sporty looking Dobbs 5th avenue Cards straw hat….yep I’m pulling the trigger on that puppy. And for my lesser half…..I think she’ll look like a million bucks in real money donning that red Fedora Cards hat. Honestly, thanks a bunch for that link, Brian, as I’ll probably order about 4 or 5 of those rascals.
July 14, 2019 at 4:26 pm #97959Yes I knew the paid attendance was high but the actual attendance not so much.
July 14, 2019 at 4:28 pm #97960Good win except the 9th! Glad we didn’t get snakebit! Go Cardinals!
July 14, 2019 at 4:28 pm #979619 hits 4lob !
July 14, 2019 at 4:53 pm #97968The Cardinals went 13-12 in their comparable recent stretch against supposedly lesser opponents.
July 14, 2019 at 5:08 pm #97972Wainwright found extra motivation.
"I made it a little personal between me and him today. I had never beaten him."
Adam Wainwright really wanted to beat Arizona starter Zack Grienke today. His seven innings of shut out ball ended up being enough for him to be able to say he outdueled the Diamondbacks star. pic.twitter.com/FCoJQ6uU04
— Corey Miller (@corey_miller5) July 14, 2019
July 14, 2019 at 8:58 pm #97981
stlcard25ParticipantNice to get the series win. Figures that they beat Greinke. Good to see Waino pitch well, too.
July 15, 2019 at 6:40 am #97985<This Tim Locastro fellow for AZ. may be baseball’s next Ron Hunt as he was just hit for the 21st time this year….7 of them were in the minors. And just like Ronny Hunt, Locastro almost seemed to enjoy the experience.>
Can you imagine how Gibby would have made this guy change his position in the box? One in the ear was all it would take. If you looked close at Locastro, his feet were actually out of the box toward the plate – at least the tips of them were. HBPs need to be looked at by MLB. The batter must take evasive action if not swinging. If in the act of swinging or starting to swing – no HBP. But none of that seems to matter these days.
July 15, 2019 at 6:43 am #97988<Yes I knew the paid attendance was high but the actual attendance not so much.>
Agree. I think a lot of folks figured watching the TV at home in air conditioning beat sitting in that brutal sun. More and more empty seats as the game went on and it was not full even at the start.
July 15, 2019 at 6:45 am #97991<At this point we need to see more of Gallegos and less of Brebbia. At least until Brebbia gets his ship righted.>
He just became a new daddy. Fatherhood (and late night feedings and diaper changes) tend to do that. Thankfully, back in my day that was ‘women’s work’…….LOL
July 15, 2019 at 8:22 am #98000Cardinals Move Michael Wacha Back To Bullpen https://t.co/EHGIE41MXa pic.twitter.com/x7KhO2tOXn
— MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) July 15, 2019
July 15, 2019 at 8:28 am #98001The division is underperforming to this point for sure.
July 15, 2019 at 11:29 am #98024<Nice to get the series win. Figures that they beat Greinke. >
Nice to beat a pitcher earning 33.3 million per year – about 1 million per game.
July 15, 2019 at 1:07 pm #98030Question for any baseball expert. I have played baseball in elementary, jr high, high school and college but have never seen something I saw yesterday. I think I may have missed something but can anybody tell me how Waino was awarded two bases for a throw that went into the dugout?
With Waino on 1B, the batter hit a line drive to the SS who caught it on the fly and threw wild to 1B. The ball landed in the dugout and Waino was headed back to the base or had already arrived. My question is why was he awarded two bases on that play? Is that a new rule or did I miss something on the play? -
AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
