StL 2019 Game 92 thread: Sun 7/14 vs. D-backs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 92 thread: Sun 7/14 vs. D-backs

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

Never walk a batter in the 9th, now they’re killin me!

Participant

Paid - Annual

This 9th inning has disaster written all over it.

Participant

Free

Nothing easy with this bunch. Hanging on now.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Marte walks and the bases are now totally occupied with slithering Diamondbacks. If we lose this one! Something is going to pay the price….my wife’s prized Crystal ornament is the closest beatable object to me.

Participant

Paid - Annual

We pulled it out but I think I ran out of Rolaids.

Participant

Free

That was not pretty.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Pugs, you can get your straw hat for $31.95 plus shipping on ebay. A photo of you wearing it could start something that could rival the old pink shirt thread…

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=cardinals+straw+hat&_sacat=0

Participant

Paid - Annual

I noticed a lot of empty seats today. The BFIB can’t take a little July heat?

Participant

Free

Too much excitement in the ninth. Brebbia was outstanding earlier in the year. Has control problems lately.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Today’s attendance announced at 43.439, about 1,000 short of a sellout. I guess more stayed away.

Participant

Paid - Annual

At this point we need to see more of Gallegos and less of Brebbia. At least until Brebbia gets his ship righted.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha ha!!! Thanks Brian!! I’m kind of partial to that sporty looking Dobbs 5th avenue Cards straw hat….yep I’m pulling the trigger on that puppy. And for my lesser half…..I think she’ll look like a million bucks in real money donning that red Fedora Cards hat. Honestly, thanks a bunch for that link, Brian, as I’ll probably order about 4 or 5 of those rascals.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Yes I knew the paid attendance was high but the actual attendance not so much.

Participant

Free

Good win except the 9th! Glad we didn’t get snakebit! Go Cardinals!

Participant

Free

9 hits 4lob !

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals went 13-12 in their comparable recent stretch against supposedly lesser opponents.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Wainwright found extra motivation.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice to get the series win. Figures that they beat Greinke. Good to see Waino pitch well, too.

Participant

Free

<This Tim Locastro fellow for AZ. may be baseball’s next Ron Hunt as he was just hit for the 21st time this year….7 of them were in the minors. And just like Ronny Hunt, Locastro almost seemed to enjoy the experience.>

Can you imagine how Gibby would have made this guy change his position in the box? One in the ear was all it would take. If you looked close at Locastro, his feet were actually out of the box toward the plate – at least the tips of them were. HBPs need to be looked at by MLB. The batter must take evasive action if not swinging. If in the act of swinging or starting to swing – no HBP. But none of that seems to matter these days.

Participant

Free

<Yes I knew the paid attendance was high but the actual attendance not so much.>

Agree. I think a lot of folks figured watching the TV at home in air conditioning beat sitting in that brutal sun. More and more empty seats as the game went on and it was not full even at the start.

Participant

Free

<At this point we need to see more of Gallegos and less of Brebbia. At least until Brebbia gets his ship righted.>

He just became a new daddy. Fatherhood (and late night feedings and diaper changes) tend to do that. Thankfully, back in my day that was ‘women’s work’…….LOL

Participant

Paid - Annual

ZTRZTR
    Participant

Free

The division is underperforming to this point for sure.

Participant

Free

<Nice to get the series win. Figures that they beat Greinke. >

Nice to beat a pitcher earning 33.3 million per year – about 1 million per game.

Participant

Free

Question for any baseball expert. I have played baseball in elementary, jr high, high school and college but have never seen something I saw yesterday. I think I may have missed something but can anybody tell me how Waino was awarded two bases for a throw that went into the dugout?
    With Waino on 1B, the batter hit a line drive to the SS who caught it on the fly and threw wild to 1B. The ball landed in the dugout and Waino was headed back to the base or had already arrived. My question is why was he awarded two bases on that play? Is that a new rule or did I miss something on the play?

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years