StL 2019 Game 92 thread: Sun 7/14 vs. D-backs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 92 thread: Sun 7/14 vs. D-backs

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Holy crap, even Bader is hitting today!

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

That’s how good teams score runs: double, sacrifice, sacrifice fly. Three productive at bats. No screw ups.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Was it the early breakthrough by O’Neil that allowed us to break out?

Could be, RememberDiz. I would still like to see us score 7 runs in a game before I get too jacked up though. When was the last time we plated 7 in a game?…..Bader whacks a double to deep right to commence the Cardinal 4th. Bader’s first at bat was drilled to deep right but, was ran down for an out, out on the track. So maybe Harrison is finally rediscovering his stroke? Carp sac fly increases the Cardinal lead to 5-0.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A Cardinal 6-4-3 twin killing puts an abrupt end to Arizona’s offensive aspirations in the 5th. Still 5-0 Good Guys. Interesting that coming into today’s game, both starters (Waino & Greinke) had identical career ERA’s.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Finally, a hard blast by Goldschmidt that stays fair. It seems like recently he has smashed several would-be home runs, but pulled them just foul.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That BIG yellow “DeWALT” sign behind home plate reminds me of NathanLeopoldJr when he used to always call our owner “DeWallet”.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh Oh! Marte walks putting runners at 1st and 2nd with nary an out hers in the Diamondback 6th…..and that will inspire a pitching coach visit in Waino’s direction.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Escobar whiffs…. Waino’s 6th K victim on this fine Sunday afternoon….”fine” so far….lets see how this Arizona 6th pans out for us. Walker flies out to Bader in center and now Waino has positioned himself to get thru this treacherous 6th inning unscathed.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jones pops out to Wong as the Cardinal 2nd basement kicks up some foul line chalk and Waino does indeed escape the 6th unblemished in the run department. Still 5-0 Birds.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Nate (and whoever else used it) likely got the “DeWallet” tag from Bernie Miklasz.

Impressive pitching by Wainwright today. Seven scoreless innings so far.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Or, more likely, Bernie got it from Nate, Brian. Waino has tossed a jim-dandy! The incomparable Dominic Leone on for St. Louis in the 8th. Let’s say a prayer.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Here we go…..

14NyquisT
    Participant

Avila 0-3…. 3 Ks. Not a good choice today.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This Locastro fellow is a hoot. If he’s not getting hit by a pitch, then he’s doing the hitting , as he just missed taking Leones’s head off with a liner back thru the box…..I think it actually ricocheted off Leone’s glove and they get the force.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I haven’t seen so many straw hats in one venue since the glorious days of “Hee Haw”.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We survived the Leone inning but not without some drama. That guy makes me nervous.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cubs are about to sweep the Pirates while the Crew are getting whipped today. It looks like we will be 1/2 game out of 2nd after today.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Giants drilling Milwaukee today, with the cubbies already having been checked into the clubhouse with a “W” earlier today. Reds and Rockies deadlocked at 4 in Colorado……when was the last time we seriously kept an eye on how the Redlegs are doing, this late in a season? The days of Johnny, Davey, Joe, Pete, Lee and George…..oops, forgot about more recent history with Brandon & company.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

With three strikeouts, O’Neill is wearing the sombrero today. Hopefully, this doesn’t end like seat cushion night, though! 😉

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Scotty can breath easier as Brebbia is on to polish off these Diamondbacks in the 9th.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

What are these two airheads babbling about? Rock bands, scrabbled eggs, Brebbia’s beard. For cryin out loud.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not to worry, Brian. Straw hats are much more coveted than lame seat cushions. If anyone tossed their straw hat into the air, you’d see fans grabbing for it with the same gusto as they would with an Albert Pujols foul ball.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Pull him if he can’t throw a struke!!7

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Matter of fact, scanning the Busch audience here today, I’d love to get my mitts on one of those Cardinal straw hats…..I think I would look quite dapper in one. Wonder if you can buy one? I’d fork over 100 clams in a heartbeat for one. Lamb sheepishly goes down on a Brebbia heater….one more out to complete the shutout.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ahh! Leyba golfs one into right-center for a double and there goes the shutout! Locastro busts his bat and Carp won’t prevent the fleet footed Snake getting an rbi infield hit….5-2 and Brebbia will take a seat. Carlos is coming.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.