StL 2019 Game 7 thread: Fri 4/5 vs. Padres (Home Opener rescheduled)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 7 thread: Fri 4/5 vs. Padres (Home Opener rescheduled)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

3:15 p.m. RHP Jack Flaherty (0-0, 8.31) vs. LHP Nick Margevicius (0-1, 1.80) FOX Sports Midwest // KMOX // WJIR

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

From the Cardinals… All 16 living team Hall of Famers are reportedly confirmed to be present.

A pregame ceremony that welcomes home the 2019 St. Louis Cardinals, honors the club’s Hall of Famers and commemorates the great tradition of Opening Day in St. Louis will punctuate a day of activities celebrating the annual return of baseball to St. Louis on Thursday, April 4. The Cardinals will open the 2019 home slate against the San Diego Padres at 3:15 PM CT. The following is a schedule of official activities and information to help fans enjoy the unofficial holiday that is #OpeningDaySTL:

Pregame Schedule

9:00 a.m. Select Ballpark Village venues open

9:30 – 11:45 a.m. Opening Day Pep Rally at Ballpark Village: Join Fredbird, Team Fredbird and DJ Todd Thomas at the Ballpark Village parking lot for the Cardinals Opening Day Pep Rally. This event is free for all fans to attend and will proceed rain or shine. The pep rally includes prizes, Opening Day ticket giveaways, and a special appearance by “The Voice” contestant and St. Louis native, Kennedy Holmes. Food and drinks will be available for purchase as well.

12:00 p.m. Gates Open
    2019 Cardinals Magnet Schedule: All ticketed-fans, ages 21 and older, will receive a magnet featuring the 2019 Cardinals schedule, compliments of Budweiser.

12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Cardinals Batting Practice (subject to change)

1:00 – 2:00 p.m. Padres Batting Practice (subject to change)

2:30 p.m. Pregame ceremonies begin with an appearance by the famous Budweiser Clydesdales.

Introduction of St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson and St. Louis County Executive Steve Stenger.

Introduction of Fredbird and Team Fredbird

2:35 p.m. Introduction of Cardinals Hall of Famers via a Ford Motorcade around the warning track. Hall of Famers will be riding in 2019 Ford GT Mustang convertibles.

Introduction of 2019 Cardinals Hall of Fame Induction Class, Vince Coleman and Ray Lankford

Cardinals Opening Day Video

2:50 p.m. Introduction of Cardinals principal owner and CEO, Bill DeWitt Jr.

Introduction of the 2019 St. Louis Cardinals via Ford Motorcade. The players will ride in 2019 Ford F-150 Raptors.

Introduction of the San Diego Padres.

Presentations of Color Guard and American Flag in center field, courtesy of the service men and women of Scott Air Force Base.

3:05 p.m. National Anthem performed by Kennedy Holmes, St. Louis teen vocal sensation and finalist of NBC’s “The Voice.”

3:07 p.m. KC-135 Flyover (weather permitting)

3:09 p.m. Ceremonial First Pitch by former teammates and 2019 Cardinals Hall of Fame nominees Jason Isringhausen and Matt Morris in recognition of the 15th anniversary of the team’s 2004 National League Championship.

3:15 p.m. First Pitch

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Whats the weather forecast for Thursday?

r/Rat

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

So people will be downtown drinking starting at 9AM? No thanks.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

A lot of fans are wanting the Cardinals to postpone the game tomorrow until Friday considering the weather forecast for Thursday.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I agree, BHC. My guess is that zero percent of the people complaining about the schedule (not here, but on social media there has been considerable whining) actually have opening day tickets themselves.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

From the Cardinals:

The St. Louis Cardinals have announced that their home opener against the San Diego Padres has been postponed until Friday due to the forecasted inclement weather conditions. Friday’s game will start at 3:15 PM. Busch Stadium gates will open at noon and all previously scheduled Opening Day festivities will proceed on Friday.

Fans with tickets to Thursday’s game should use those same tickets for admittance to the rescheduled game on Friday. Fans who purchased tickets to Thursday’s Official Pregame Party at Cardinals Nation will be able to use those same tickets on Friday as well.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You would have never seen this a decade ago, unless the game was in Florida and it was totally apparent that a hurricane was going to be barreling through the next day. Meteorology has really stepped up it’s game. In our children’s lifetime, they may be calling off games due to inclement weather a week in advance. Now…….. watch it end up being sunny and 70 tomorrow.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Seems assanine to cancel a game without a drop of rain.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That was my original thought too, C27. But I think the proof is in the pudding with the expertise of these weather people….. “Accurate” Al Roker, “Weather Wizard” Willard Scott, Tom “Skillful” Skilling, Sam “World” Champion……these guys simply do not strike out when it comes to forecasting the weather. Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit would be very proud.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The other way to look at it is that rather than wait until the last moment, the Cardinals made the decision early, giving everyone – them and the fans – more time to adjust their plans. Even the players benefit as they do not have to play a day game after their flight home from Pittsburgh very early this morning.

One man’s asinine is another man’s considerate.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Selfishly, as today should be a nice day here in PA and tomorrow looks rainy… I’d expect to be able to catch more of the game tomorrow. If I was a fan who had tickets and was taking the day off for the festivities today, I guess I’d be more upset. Then again, many of them probably took tomorrow off anyway.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

According to the National Weather Service, the likelihood of rain in St. Louis today is 93% at 11 am, then sits at 85% from noon through 5 pm. I don’t get the fuss over the postponement. Friday’s weather looks great. Smart decision, IMO.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=38.6278&lon=-90.1996&unit=0&lg=english&FcstType=graphical

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

I for one am happy they took advantage of the rain day and moved the opener to Friday. Just too much good to see to have it turned into a raincoat and rain delay ballgame. Looking forward to tomorrow. Go Cards.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It makes perfect sense to push the game to Friday.

Gives the team a day of rest after traveling from a night game the night before.
    Opening Day isn’t just a regular game. With all of the on field pre-game activities why ask people to slog through the rain for that?
    And this wasn’t just one of those 50% chance of spotty showers. Widespread rain is predicted today.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Well, whats the weather like in St. Louis today? The Doppler Radar shows green stuff right smack in the St. Louis area so I assume its raining.

Was the postponement a good call?

r/Rat

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

After reconsidering, if it’s a choice between a rainy game and/or rainout Thursday, or a game on Friday, I’ll take the Friday game.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1. Matt Carpenter (L) 3B
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    4. Marcell Ozuna (R) LF
    5. Yadier Molina (R) C
    6. Dexter Fowler (S) RF
    7. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    8. Kolten Wong (L) 2B
    9. Jack Flaherty (R) P

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ozuna must have gotten the all clear from his MRI??

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Ozuna must have gotten the all clear from his MRI??

Maybe they x-ray’d his head instead – and didn’t find anything.

r/Rat

14NyquisT
    Participant

Brian, your take on the Memphis roster should prove to be accurate. Nogowski got the start for MEM and will likely be the odd man out in this situation. It was good to see Schrock at 3B adding some versatility to his once limited defensive resume. The dominoes will will felt further down the line I would imagine.

its comforting to know that any injury at St. Louis can be filled adequately because of the depth we have at AAA. So many players there are itching for a chance to play with the big team.

The MEM team used the DH last night. Was it because OMA is a AL team affiliate?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Doppler Radar shows all clear in the St. Louis area. Looks like we will be playing today.

I am going to call this one 6-2 St. Lou with a big fly by Ozuna being a big blow.

r/Rat

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cecil had surgery today…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.