StL 2019 Game 19 thread: Fri 4/19 vs. Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 19 thread: Fri 4/19 vs. Mets

This topic contains 84 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Minuteman3 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Bad start for Waino but the most discouraging part was the hordes of runners left on 3B in a one run game. Like most teams today the Cards seem to be depending on the home run to catch up. Really disappointing to see that they could not tee off on the batting practice pitcher who started the game for the Mets. Another Sandy Koufax he was not. New game today – start by winning so the series is winnable.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Pugs: “This game will be in the bag shortly….nice comeback win for our boys!”

A nice thought Pugs – good to be positive – bad they could not oblige.

skippy mckill
    skippy mckill
    Participant

Free

MCarp’s baserunning blunders continue to haunt me.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Welcome, skippy!

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

yea 858 booyah, I don’t understand keuchel still being out there. there are too many average to below average pitchers out there that a good one should be not playimg. and we have some of those average or below average pitchers, or at least they have performed that way so far. only thing is keuchel has missed a lot of time and that’s worrisome.

skippy mckill
    skippy mckill
    Participant

Free

Thanks. It’s a belated migration over from the mlb.com board. I see MM3 is here. Any of the others?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

But he is not hitting extra base hits. 😉

Brian Walton

@B_Walton
    With two walks so far tonight. #stlcards OF Dexter Fowler’s season OBP is up to .381.

9:02 PM – Apr 19, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    See Brian Walton’s other Tweets

I am glad to see Fowler hitting better than last year but do average defending singles hitters usually make $16.5M?

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ironically, Fowler doubled (plus singled and walked twice) in this game.

Why keep bringing up his contract? Everyone knows it is bad. Nothing is going to change that. His contract is what it is.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am glad Flexen didn’t pull a Bud Norris on us.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Hello Skippy. I only recently migrated myself. Good Cards boards are a rare commodity so stick around here. This one seems to have a lot of promise and lots of good info on the minors also.

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years