StL 2019 Game 19 thread: Fri 4/19 vs. Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 19 thread: Fri 4/19 vs. Mets

This topic contains 84 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Minuteman3 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    1982 willie
    Participant

Free

that was a tough call but I think wong tried to short hop it and get a quick tag and looked like he missed lost the ball before the contact if any. so all in all im ok with the play call.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Tells you how the game is going in Jeff McNeil has three plate appearances and its only the 3rd inning.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian on board…..Euro is going to have to watch his language now…..oh looks like Euro isn’t with us this evening. Can anyone think of a better place tonight to be than right here???

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

one thing ive noticed, way too many offspeed pitches by waino. he doesn’t have great command up them and its driving his pitch count up. is he even gonna make it past 4 or even 3 innings.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mets have left 7 stranded thru 3….this could be much worse, gang!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wainwright has thrown 76 pitches through three innings. Of these, 44 have been strikes. Yikes!

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I really don’t see how you can send him back out there for a 4th inning. Already at 76 pitches and they’ve burned 2 mound visits.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

well Im not gonna call it great or even good pitching, but at least it hasn’t busted open. maybe we can still pull this out. we need to start getting some runs though. we are at a weird place. do you want to really work the bullpen to try to win this game which hurts us going forward or do we put someone in as a sacrificial lamb and save the bullpen but less likely for us to win though we still could.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 3

Carp – 6-6 lifetime vs Jason “Las” Vargas. Sky’s it to straight away center where Linares has her measured….1 out…I think I may have hexed our 3rd baseman.

Goldy – Hits it deep to center!…but that one does not have enough TNT in it to propel it out of here…..and Linares will glove it about 14 inches in front of the track for the out.

DeJong – Walks

Ozuna – DeJong to 2nd on a botched kickoff attempt….it’ll go down as DeJong’s 2nd stolen base of the year .

JMart – Rifles a shot towards the gap in right center where the outfielders converge…where Linares snatches it as he and Comforto collide….Linares had that ball snowconed in the upper reaches of his glove’s webbing, but somehow he hung in to it.

Cards 0
    Mets 3

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

In the Cardinals, defense Vargas only came into the game with an ERA around a thousand. The Cardinals have historically been lousy against pitchers like Vargas. I fully expect him to go 5 scoreless innings.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The ball is finding Martinez in RF tonight and it is only the third inning. Where are those folks who were wanting him to be the everyday starter? I am watching the Mets telecast and they are being frank about the fact he cannot play in the field (as well as being very positive about his ability to hit a fastball).

Wainwright is pulled in the fourth having thrown 86 pitches. Gallegos inherits two in scoring position and no out.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Brillaint managing by Shildt sending Waino back out for the 4th. Just brilliant. If the game wasn’t out of reach before then it could be now.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

well kind of silly leaving waino out there. its what long relievers are for. at most you were gonna get one more inning anyway, just silly in my opinion.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Gallegos does a nice job getting three outs with only the runner scoring from third. Mets up 4-0 in the middle of the fourth.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Could have been worse, The season starting trend by starting pitchers is worrisome … team needs to start getting six innings out of starters. I am worried the bull pen will run out of steam sooner rather than later.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

And Martinez answers the criticism with a solo home run, his first of the year.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

well this game is kind on of on the downside right now so im gonna relay something baseball related but only personally. I was out on this walking/bike path the other day and there was some road workers fixing a barrier that had been ran over. well one of the people holding the stop/go sign was looking at me like he knew me but I didn’t recognize him. he said I was his baseball coach back when he was young, mentioned my sons name who was on the team and gave me his name. I actually told him I remembered him but I didn’t. I coached hundreds of kids over the years. but later when I was telling my son about it, I started remembering him partly cause his dad was one of my coaches. pretty cool, that a kid could remember me after 45 years or so.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

good for Martinez. that’s a start. lets get this place jumping now.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

But he is not hitting extra base hits. 😉

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Great story, but everyone here would surely recognize 1982 willie today!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cool story, Willie!!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Let’s see a pic of you, Willie.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Carpenter made a bad running decision not coming home on an infield out. Second and third with one out and Ozuna up.

From one of the Mets beat writers…

DeJong, Ozuna and Martinez all fail to get the runners in scoring position home, though DeJong’s roller should have scored Carpenter.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

no pictures, Pugsley. im too ugly for those. im glad for goldy, but that was an error not a hit. still might get something here. need a flyball here

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

well bwalton, its a tough read. if he breaks right away, that guy can still go home. if he waits then runs, could be a double play

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinalsâ„¢ and their minor league system for 20 years