StL 2019 Game 19 thread: Fri 4/19 vs. Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 19 thread: Fri 4/19 vs. Mets

This topic contains 84 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Minuteman3 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:15 p.m. RHP Adam Wainwright (1-1, 3.94) vs. RHP Jacob deGrom (2-2, 3.68) FOX Sports Midwest // KMOX // WJIR

Update: Mets starter is now Jason Vargas (0-1, 14.21).

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

DeGrom and Syndergaard create imposing bookends in this three game series. Here’s hoping the Cards can get to one or the other and secure a series win. Vargas in the middle seems ripe for a victory.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like Vargas is the starter tonight, per MLB.com? It’s gonna be really important to get the series moving on the right foot now.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Yes, Jacob deGrom was pushed back to Saturday because of strep throat, and Vargas was moved up. I will reflect the change above.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Whats the weather like in St. Louis? Any chance this one gets postponed? Its cool and rainy here in SW Indiana.

r/Rat

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Strep throat? I would think De grom would/should be pushed back until at least Monday for precautionary measures. And if the Mets want him to pitch this weekend, I think St. Louis should file a grievance, as he still could be contagious.

*** We have an important programming change concerning tonight’s PBP. We were scheduled to be in the online booth at 7:05pm (cst). However, just like dE gRoM, we have been pushed back as well. We’ll be in the PBP saddle at 7:08pm (cst). We profusely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

well I hope any flyballs to the outfield are of the high up variety tonight. pretty lackluster defense out there.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Cards are gonna get dominated by Vargas, another soft-tossing lefty.

NJ315
    Participant

deGroom went back to NY for an MRI after feeling elbow discomfort after throwing yesterday. I doubt he will face the Cards this weekend.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t know, BlackHills? I don’t miss many of these……. I’m calling this one 7-3 Birds with DeJong finding the cheap seats with bat in hand

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 1.
    36 year old lefty, Jason Vargas, starting for the Metropolitans this evening. Vargas possesses 4 pitches in his arsenal…. curveball in the 74-77 range, cutter sitting about 85mph, changeup in the low 80’s and his heat not exactly singeing batters uniforms as in sails on into the plate at around a maximum velocity of 90mph. This is Vargas’ second tour of duty with the Mets and he has also plyed his trade for the Marlins, Mariners, Angels, Royals. He has a career w-l slate of 93-91 and tied with Cleveland’s Corey Kluber and Carlos Carrasco for the AL wins leaderboard in 2017 with 18.

Carp – Carp had his 825 at bat streak without grounding into a twin killing snapped on Tuesday night in Milwaukee. And he certainly won’t ground into one here as he lays down a dandy of a bunt down the 3rd baseline and Matt can crawl safely into 1st as there wasn’t a Met within shouting distance of that one…sweet start!

Goldy – Whiffed gazing.

DeJong – Hits very very well vs this Met squad. Strikes out swinging on a dandy change low and away after being ahead in the count 3-1. 2 down.

Ozuna – Marcell launches one to deep left center!….Davis and Linares from center converge and it’s Linares catching it on the track for the out.

Cards 0
    Mets 2

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like everyone is out at a supper club for Friday night fish fry…..anyone out there????

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh oh…..DeJong’s first error of the year is a costly one as the Mets now lead it 3-0 and looking for more

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

I don’t know if I can continue watching this game tonight. wainwright isn’t on and the defense has been terrible.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Waino tosses his 8th consecutive ball to Comforto tonight and the Mets have them juiced for Ramos with 2 outs….let’s stay with this shall we? Ramos Whiffs! 3-0 heading to the Redbird 2nd.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Stay here, Willie!!!! It’s a triffle lonesome around these parts this evening.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Just home from Good Friday service and see our guys trailing 3-0 already. What is going on?! Waino must not be on tonight. It’s low 50s and windy here in STL, may be affecting his grip?

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

ill say one thing, fowler is definitely swinging the bat better this year than last, course it would be hard not to. ill give him that, taking walks too. im still not a fan though. maybe we can take advantage of an error even though waignwright is hitting.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Pugs, Cards have already given up 3 runs. Still wanna hold to that score?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 2

JMart – Pokes a soft liner to left in front of the charging O’Neil on 3-2 and the Birds have their leadoff batter on 1st for the second straight inning. Let’s hope this time it equates to something on the scoreboard.

Yadi – Bangs a grounder right by Vargas to the waiting mitt of Cano smack dab on the base at 2nd and he’ll put his foot on the bag and briefly survey his surroundings and then lightly wing it on over to Alonzo’s waiting mitt at 1st to complete the tailor made twin killing…ouch that hurt!

Dexter – Walks

Wong – Taps a slow grounder up the middle where Rosario flashes over from his position at short to glove it….and he can’t find the handle on it for a miscue and everybody is safe!

Waino – Whiffs.

Cards 0
    Mets 3

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hey Black Hills…..welcome!!! Indeed, I’ll stand by our Birds and that score to boot…..wish me well.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CardsRedSox4Ever back from Good Friday…and this will be a Great Friday when our Cards come roaring back to take these guys! Fowler is looking better, Willie…..he’s finally looking down at The Mendoza instead of up.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Don’t despair. I am among those who think the offense will get to Vargas. Now that Memphis has been rained out, my attention is not divided.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

The Cardinals infield needs to exercise some demons or something. This game has been ugly.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years