StL 2019 Game 17 thread: Tue 4/16 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 17 thread: Tue 4/16 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:40 p.m. RHP Jack Flaherty (1-0, 2.93) vs. RHP Brandon Woodruff (1-1, 6.00) FOX Sports Midwest // KMOX

From FS Midwest:

The Cardinals’ game at Milwaukee on Tuesday, April 16, will be televised on FOX Sports Midwest Plus due to overlap with St. Louis Blues playoff hockey on FOX Sports Midwest. Channel numbers for FOX Sports Midwest Plus can be found below. You can also stream the Cardinals on the FOX Sports GO app and FOXSportsGO.com.

FOX Sports Midwest Plus Channel Numbers
    Video Provider FOX Sports Midwest Plus SD FOX Sports Midwest Plus HD
    Throughout FOX Sports Midwest Blues/Cards Territory
    AT&T U-verse 747 1747
    DirecTV 671-1 671-1
    Dish April 16: 448, 412-36 April 16: 448, 412-36
    St. Louis area
    Cable America — Maryland Heights, Mo. 22
    Consolidated — Charleston, Ill. 181 181
    Fidelity — Sullivan, Mo. 72 472
    Grafton Technologies — Jerseyville, Ill. 78 789
    Highland Communications — Highland, Ill. 51 551
    HomeTel — Madison, Ill. 1196
    HTC Communications — Monroe, Ill. 77 1077
    Madison Communications — Macoupin, Ill. 26 26
    New Wave — Carlinville, Greenville, Jerseyville, Litchfield, Sparta, Taylorville, Ill. 80 208
    Spectrum — St. Louis 75 or 213 826
    Wabash Communications — Salem, Ill. 97 97
    Downstate Illinois
    Cass — Virginia, Ill. 197
    New Wave — DuQuoin, Olney, Newton, Ill. 80 208
    New Wave — Anna, Ill. 2
    Xfinity – Illinois 524 520
    Mid-Missouri, Southeast Missouri, Southwest Missouri
    Cable America — Republic, St. Robert, Mo. 58 1058
    CableOne — Joplin, Mo. 170
    CableOne – Kirksville, Mo. 56
    Centurylink — Columbia, Mo. 749 1749
    Spectrum — Cape Girardeau, Mid-Mo. 75 826
    Fidelity – Mid-Missouri 72 472
    Mediacom — Columbia, Jefferson City, Mo. 126
    Mediacom — Springfield, Mo. 126
    Suddenlink — Branson, Mo. 39 39
    Iowa
    Cedar Falls Utilities — Cedar Falls, Iowa. 23 23
    Mediacom – Des Moines, Cedar Falls, Iowa 34 833
    Muscatine Power & Water — Muscatine, Iowa 67 67
    Southwest Indiana
    New Wave – Pike, Ind. 80 208
    Spectrum – Evansville, Ind. 2, 12.1, 505
    WOW – Evansville, Ind. 103

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

We should be expecting some MLB roster transactions today. Johan Mieses has been assigned to Memphis. I expect Bader or O’Neil to go on the IL.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Mayers is going too from the sound of it and probably at least 1 of the OF. Helsley started 4/11, but Cabrera is slated to start today for Memphis. Maybe they give him a chance since Reyes still is showing control problems. Munoz is an easy call up for 1 position player. Beyond that I don’t know where they go. Maybe back to a 8 man pen and bring Gallegos back or Poncedeleon, who last threw 4/12.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Yeah just noticed that Cabrera is the scheduled starter even though its Helsley’s turn on the rubber.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I recommend being careful about trying to read too much from the posted starters. Cabrera last pitched on the 10th and Helsley on the 11th. So whose turn is it really? Maybe both!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

What were you saying about reading too much into the Helsley situation, Brian? Sometimes it pays off (figuratively as I’m not being paid) to be observant.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder if Helsley will be a fresh arm out of the pen, and possibly start in place of Hudson’s next turn?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BHC, what I meant is that there was no new news with the published starters between yesterday and today. Helsley and Cabrera had piggybacked before and that was the apparent plan until Mayers was hurt last night. Cabrera for Tuesday and Ponce de Leon had already been announced for Wednesday long before last night’s injuries. If you knew Cards pitching would get bombed Monday and that Mayers was headed for the IL with Helsley coming up, I tip my cap to you, but there was no indication of that from who the announced Memphis starters were.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

C27, check my article. Helsley isn’t stretched out for more than about 60 pitches. That would seem to decrease the odds of him starting.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Would the Cards dare to put Dexter in CF and Martinez in RF for a game, or maybe Bader will be back? Munoz did play a little center last year.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Also interesting is that it took just one nightmare game for the roster to be swung right back to 13 pitchers.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am guessing the info on Bader must be encouraging as I can’t imagine Munoz getting a semi full time gig as CFer

I would have preferred Lane thomas getting the call, to give Bader a few more days off without sacrificing the defense as much. Gyorko can cover the backups SS gig in an emergency i guess (as much as that makes me puke to think about) if DeJong went down we could call up Munoz the next day or Sosa or whatever

I really think Mayers turned a corner this year, hopefully this is just a hiccup and not something that derails him long term

Helsley and Gallegos should give us a little help for the pen, and I think maybe Gallegos bite to some of his pitches could be useful against MIL

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am excited to see Helsleys debut. But I wish he was left handed.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think when you use so many just to get through the game and you lose one to injury i think it is to be expected…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cool note from Springfield:

When Ryan Helsley makes his MLB debut (not just the call-up), he will be the 100th Springfield Cardinal to debut with the St. Louis Cardinals.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Jager, on Mayers, when I saw “lat”, I was concerned. Hopefully for him it is mild, but those injuries can be tricky.

I agree with you about Bader and Munoz. It suggests Bader is close. However, if it got to that, I bet we would see Munoz out in CF before Fowler.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cool note from Springfield:

When Ryan Helsley makes his MLB debut (not just the call-up), he will be the 100th Springfield Cardinal to debut with the St. Louis Cardinals.

Nice. The question is…will #100 hit 100 (mph) in his appearance??

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A quote from an article I found about Helsley growing up in Oklahoma:

“Helsley is one of only a few Native Americans selected in the history of the baseball draft, and he would be one of only a few to ever play in the major leagues if that happens.”

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brewers get one of their top relievers back as their starter last night joins Mayers and O’Neill on the IL. Rough night for most players not named Yelich.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

On Native Americans, the Cards had one in Kyle Lohse and of course, the Wild Horse of the Osage long ago. Joba Chamberlain was another in MLB in recent years. Jacoby Ellsbury has been in the bigs for a long time. That is about it in the last decade or so.

For whatever reason, Native Americans were more common in the early days of MLB than today, so that part of the quoted article is incorrect. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of this list, but if correct, the total over the years is about 50.

https://www.baseball-almanac.com/legendary/american_indian_baseball_players.shtml

NJ315
    Participant

Excellent outfield tonight Ozuna, Fowler, Martinez

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Dex in center is the answer as Hummel says Bader could be out until Friday.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.