StL 2019 Game 17 thread: Tue 4/16 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 17 thread: Tue 4/16 at Brewers

This topic contains 90 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Minuteman3 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Brian, Mayers’ lat injury is definitely a concern, but O’Neil’s injury should be just as concerning. Those kind of injuries are very slow to heal and could ultimately (that’s could) require surgery if the rest and medication don’t solve the issue. I do believe weight lifters are more susceptible to these of injuries as well, but don’t quote me on that as I wouldn’t know jack squat about weight lifting lol.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Shildt can neutralize Yelich by simply walking him every time he comes up to the plate.

No one out. Bases empty. Walk him.
    Bases loaded. No one out. Walk him.
    No matter what the circumstances are, walk Yelich.

We very possibly would have won that game last night if Shildt had walked Yelich every time he came to the plate. It’s about winning, not about ego. Just walk him.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I agree mudville. It really seemed that Shildt was having a ‘manhood’ measuring contest with Yelich last night.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

You sure don’t want to screw around with an ulnar nerve subluxation. At least I don’t think so.

GACard
    Participant

Free

If the brewers just get it out of the infield they have a great shot at a hit tonight

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Fowler in CF is beyond stupid. Coach keeps doing dumb things

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Speaking of native American’s in baseball, though he never played, we would be terribly remiss in not mentioning Chief Noc-A-Homa of the Atlanta Braves. Chief NAH was a most beloved talent!

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Why bring Munoz up at all if you don’t have him playing CF?

Hell you might as well play Wong in CF and have Jedd play 2nd.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Well, I can’t say I didn’t call the Dexter in CF and Jose in RF move. That is some pretty poor OF defense.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Agree it makes sense to walk Yelich in many situations but not all. Early innings, no one on base, pitch to him. Can’t be intimidated, he actually is human and can be put out. That said, Flaherty doesn’t have a hair on his you-know-what if he doesn’t brush him back on his first AB.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice CardsRedSox4Ever! Yeah I don’t want to hit the guy either, but Yelich better be experiencing some serious chin music this evening. Nothing wrong with trying to bring Yelich’s comfort level down a few rungs. If I were a pitcher, I don’t think I could ever issue an intentional free pass to a batter. It indicates that you’re a bit of a wimp and are afraid of your opponent. Baseball at this level is a man’s game……and a real red blooded American male should never fear the likes of a Christian Yelich…….now be smart about it, but go out there and get this guy out!

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Yes, indeed!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Jack battled Yelich hard, but ultimately gave up the single.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BHC, I agree with you on all points, especially the weight-lifting one!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Two singles and a double play in this inning so far. If it had been anyone but Yadi running, it would have been a simple force out at 2nd.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

A very athletic play by Flaherty to get the runner at 2nd, although the throw was a little low. Arcia in and hopefully Jack can set him down.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Arcia clubs an 0-2 pitch up the middle and the Brewers got to their pitcher in the 2nd. A pitcher who is 4-4 this year!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Jack finally Ks him on a pitch over his head. No damage done.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Flaherty is a classic #2-3 type pitcher. He has good stuff, but gives up way too many homers to ever be an ace. He just can’t limit the hard contact enough.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Grandal hammers a fast ball down the middle. Something goes that far ought to have a stewardess on it! It’s gonna be one of those nights.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Our starting pitching has for the most part been a disaster in 2019.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The opposing pitcher knocks Flaherty out of the game at 2 2/3 innings with five runs already in.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

I just want to know what qualifies as throwing great? Going 5 innings in a start doesn’t scream greatness to me. Brad Thompson seems to think so.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Our starting pitching has for the most part been a disaster in 2019.

858, That’s putting it mildly. Starting pitching ERA this year: 4.8. Bullpen: 3.83.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Brad Thompson needs to be optioned to Memphis. He’s not ready for the show.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years