StL 2019 Game 16 thread: Mon 4/15 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 16 thread: Mon 4/15 at Brewers

This topic contains 86 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Avatar NJ315 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    TexasCard
    Participant

Free

When are they gonna knock that dude down? Seriously he’s killing them and they are just rolling over for him.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

And promptly let’s the next two batters on with Yelich up, who smacks it to the upper deck. 6 of Yelich’s 7 HRs this year are vs. the Cards. Why do we give him pitches to hit? Schildt? Schildt?, hello are you there?

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Is Shildt brainless? Did he lose his brain?

I liked the Shildt from last season but the Shildt this year that keeps pitching to Christian Yelich is making me lose my damn mind.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Mayers leaves the game with an injury.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Mayers leaves the game with an injury.

Injury to his ERA for sure.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Is Shildt brainless? Did he lose his brain?

Evidently he hasn’t watched any of Yelich’s games this year.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Are we going to see a bunch of moves tonight?

Lane Thomas for Oneill or Bader
    Robinson down Munoz up?
    Both up if Bader and oneill are down then
    Gallegos back?
    Hudson down for another arm? Until his spot then bring up Ponce or Gomber?

I don’t want to chance CF so one of Oneill or Bader are to the IL. Bring up Lane
    Hope that Bader is ok with another day or two
    Mayer’s to IL for Gallegos
    I’d move Hudson down too for Helmsley or Genesis

These matchups with Milwaukee are too important at the end of the year to play even now to play even 1game evaluating injuries with a 3 man bench and 6 man pen

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Genesis has been ::poop emoji:: DO NOT WANT!

But I wont be surprised to wake up in the morning see a list of transactions.

GACard
    Participant

Free

We will continue to pitch to yelich though. Must be hanging out with Braun to go from the hitter he was to this

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Avatar GACard.
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sorry, it’s time. Plunk Yelich once or twice as needed.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Man, Yelich would hit 175 homers if he could play against us everyday, at home.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

I would like to have some of whatever Shildt has been having.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yelich again

Just stop pitching to him. There is no reason. It’s In his head he can’t miss and it’s in our pitchers head they can’t get him out.

Walk him. Every time. For the rest of this series. Regroup and try again at home.

As for Genesis. Well I do t think he’s ready either but I don’t see gomber helping and unless we have someone to transfer to the 60day IL we don’t have another option to help from the left side

Get some fresh arms. We might need them just to get to Thursday

I don’t want to hurt a starter by forcing him to be extended for the pen.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yelich is way past due getting hit by a Pitch.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Press: So Mike, why do you keep pitching to Yelich?

Mike: Baseball’s hard y’all.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maddox needs to burn whatever book he has on Yelich and start anew. What are the Cardinals doing that others are not? Geez, you think they would have had someone doing some research after the first series.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

The scouting on Yelich obviously sucks. But what’s more disappointing is that they won’t knock him off the plate. At some point, I don’t know like 20 homeruns ago, they needed to get his attention. Allowing him to own them.like this is a total fail for all involved.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Just recall Gallegos. He can be re-added to the 25-man if there’s an injury. No need to bring up Cabrera. Or bring back Reyes.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Cards lose 7-10 and fall to 9-7 on the year. Yelich goes 3-for-4 with 3 HRs and 7 RBI for the Brew Crew and confirms what I’ve known all along, he’s the devil.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Shildt is a 100% complete fool for continuing to pitch to Yelich, dude needs fired on the stop for being completely STUPID.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

I had to get to bed after the Cards tied it up. Thankfully, I didn’t have to see the Yelich show in the late innings. I’m intentionally walking him the rest of the series unless the game is completely out of hand. No reason to chance the damage he’s done.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

No need to hit on Shildt. You don’t load the bases with the Brewers lineup. I am sure he will walk him if the situation fits.

I know it was JR day but to have the two motormouths on FSMW constantly harping on it brought about the mute button. Guess I got spoiled Sunday with the Reds guys doing a great job and knowing more about the Cards than the Dan & Brad show.

Face it – the Brewers have a lineup that can kill you. Some of those hits were NOT mistakes but just good hitting.

Ozuna – Our former Gold Glove outfielder may not be the sharpest fielder in the box but he sure showed Hader where the bear did his business in the buckwheat. Last season JMart and ?? did the same back to back.

Glad to see Goldy getting back in the game and the Paul and Paul show is looking good. If Carp could start doing his part things would look up. Kulpa got his come uppance last night but the difference between him and Meals was obvious. The ever changing strike zone made for a lot of guessing.

A new day today and back to Fox Sports Go to see the game. Seems that the Cards fan base is many times larger than the Blues fan base but we are the ones who get pushed to the non-existent FS Plus (on my ISP) to give the Blues top billing.

Question of the day for St Louis residents. Last season most of the ads were for Bommarito car dealerships – seemed like he owned them all. This season it is Lou Fusz that seems to have taken over. Did they buy out Bommarito?

A good day to all. Go Cards.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Whoops. Looks like The Athletic already had this story in the can before last night’s game.

Redbird Reset: Behold the impact ‘The Shildt Effect’ is having on the Cardinals

“After opening the season with three losses in four games at Milwaukee, the Cardinals have sorted through their issues and made adjustments.

“The preliminary results are encouraging. Not only did the Cards rebound from that losing weekend in Milwaukee to win eight of their next 11 games, they’ve shown improvement in multiple areas…”

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Brian Walton Brian Walton.
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

About the only two takeaways I have from last night are :

1. Don’t EVER pitch to Yelich again. 6 of his 7 HR’s this year are against the Cardinals.

2. Hudson will soon be in Memphis.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years