StL 2019 Game 16 thread: Mon 4/15 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 16 thread: Mon 4/15 at Brewers

This topic contains 86 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Avatar NJ315 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

How about Hudson in the pen and Gant in the rotation.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How about Hudson in the pen and Gant in the rotation.

That would be one option but not what I would do. I like Gant in the bullpen and Hudson doesn’t need to be on the big league roster until he can figure things out. They need to bring someone else up from Memphis (Ponce or Gomber probably) to give them a couple of starts until CMart is ready.

Actually Yelich’s numbers against the Cardinals this year are .468, 7HR, 15 RBI.

Houstonlarry24
    Participant

Free

Obvious we have pitching problems.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Minuteman the whole reason fans are saying “Walk Yelich” is because he is single handily beating the Cardinals with his home runs. By walking him you force another guy in the lineup to step up and frankly that’s the approach the Cardinals should have had last night, especially after the 1st home run.

NJ315
    Participant

Free

I see no reason to “plunk” Yelich. Pitch him tight and inside to move him away from the plate sure.

Hudson needs to go to Memphis ASAP.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Avatar NJ315.
    14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson needs to decide if he is more like Weaver or more like Flaherty. If he is still here, his next start would be Sunday? against the Mets.

Does anyone remember Sat. April 17, 2010? 20 inning day game vs. NYM, lost 2-1, Kyle Lohse in LF…. trivia: who got the loss?

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

NJ I agree with you. Its bush league to hit a guy simply because you can’t get him out. Pitch him inside and get him off the plate but the big factor is the Cardinals have been missing location repeatedly with him at the plate

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So is there any talk of movement with Memphis?

I think I want at minimum:

Lane Thomas for Robinson (or Bader or Oneill)…we need an actual OFer
    Mayers to IL for Gallegos

i would highly consider
    -Hudson for some kind of arm that can help us…We burnt a lot of arms last night especially Webb and we still have two games to go, i either want some left hand help or some length help
    -Send Oneill or BAder (whoever is worse) to IL and call up not only Thomas but also Munoz and (send down Robinson)

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

That 2010 20 inning game with the Mets – was it a position player on the mound? Maybe Aaron Miles but on the other hand I remember it being somebody like Skip Schumaker. Give us the answer please.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

I notice that the Brewers CF camera is lined up with the pitcher and catcher like the Fox Sports MW camera used to be. So what if the little box imposes in the pitchers head. As soon as the ball is delivered he moves to the side. Dead CF is the best camera position. Also, anybody notice that the strike box as depicted on the screen is not always very accurate for the top of the box. Several players have the top lined up with the players belt when in his batting position.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

If I implied plunking him so be it but you definitely have to move him off the plate and for God’s sake quit pitching him in the heart of the plate. Bottomline is you have to stand him up and or lay him out. Can’t let him sit cozy and tee off on you. You don’t think Gibby would have knocked him down by now? Of course he would.

NJ315
    Participant

Free

Joe Mather got the loss

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years