StL 2019 Game 159 thread: Wed 9/25 at D-backs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 159 thread: Wed 9/25 at D-backs

This topic contains 104 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by LouBrockFan LouBrockFan 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 101 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Free

Great attitude 14Nyquis. Of course we got this. Sure we could have clinched a tie for the division with a sweep of the DBacks and won it out right today with a reds win but that’s not us. We are the team that takes a 4 run lead into the 9th, and eventually puts the winning run on base, but we find a way to win in the end we are the Cardiac Cards. And yes the Cubs have a chance to do all what I mentioned above but what I didn’t mention is what we have a chance to do and that’s capture our first division title in 5 years against our hated rivals and celebrate it at home with the best fans in baseball. I’m sure it was their plan all along, but it would nice if they told us first.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

(Not a criticism) but I am curious what people think of last night’s infield alignment (Edman 3rd, Munoz SS, Sosa 2b) I would have had Munoz 3B, Sosa SS, Edman 2B. Any others have opinions on this?

I thought that was curious too. My guess is that Sosa won’t be on the postseason roster and Muñoz will probably be the backup SS so they wanted to get him some reps there in case of need.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

STL25….. we’ll go with that.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I saw on another board some arguing for Edman @ SS and Munoz @ 3B.

LouBrockFan
    LouBrockFan
    Participant

Free

Genesis has some potential. Fernandez should either go back to Single-A or become a bat boy.

And Shildt for Brains played him until Arizona batted around with a division title on the line.

Viewing 5 posts - 101 through 105 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years