StL 2019 Game 159 thread: Wed 9/25 at D-backs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 159 thread: Wed 9/25 at D-backs

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Randy stole home?? I am following this on Gamecast and that is what it said.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Would have kept Mayer’s in there with a bunt attempt. Too much game to play yet with a tired pitching staff.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The much-maligned Gant fans the side in the fourth. Still a long way to go with the slimmest of leads.

14NyquisT
    Participant

One of Gant’s best innings in a long time, even if it was against the bottom three of a travel day lineup.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tough to lose Wacha early after using the pen so much last night. Really hope the bullpen can be strong.

Jmart with the odd triple to lead off the 5th. Hope they can plate him and many more.

14NyquisT
    Participant

What, what? Arozarena has a great arm. Way to gun R A.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Randy with a great play on offense and defense! So far he is player of the game.

1982 willie
    Participant

with wacha out early, need bats to keep firing.

14NyquisT
    Participant

I was a lot more comfortable before bottom 6.

jim
    Participant

Free

Welp Wieters not helping. Likely safe anyway, go to first. JV defense letting us down., offense OK…

jim
    Participant

Free

That escalated quickly.. down 9 – 5.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

this is slipping away fast…

not sure how we can stop the bleeding…we really dont have anything else to throw at them from the pen unless we want to damage someone.

I am surprised we didnt go with Mayers longer

1982 willie
    Participant

man did we put out a high school pitcher in the sixth inning. seven runs. that’s ridiculous, I don’t care how tired you are.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Went to ply golf up 5-2. Checked on the second hole and were getting blown out

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

This is looking grim. I’m going to bed.

Jbcardsr1
    Participant

Free

AZ bullpen is holding up. Go Reds!!!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Tactically playing the game in one-inning compartments doesn’t work.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Braun a grand slam in the 1st at Cincinnati. Another run crosses against Mahle. 5-0 Brewers in the top of the 1st.

Looks like the lead is going to be 1.5 after tonight. Cubs will have a chance to play spoiler this weekend. They would love that, wouldn’t they?

r/Esteemed Rat

Houstonlarry24
    Participant

Free

Slip sliding away………… what a cluster of a bullpen.

Jbcardsr1
    Participant

Free

Damn it Reds!

Jbcardsr1
    Participant

Free

Looking like the wild card is a very good possibility. Reds aren’t beating the Brewers and it’s gonna be tough to beat the Cubs 5-6 or 7 times in a row. Gonna need help from the Rockies.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cards start playing very sloppy baseball and the Brewers take it up to an even higher notch. They’ve put the Reds to sleep early tonight. Amazing what they’re going since the Yelich injury.

Two games with a lot of curious elements to them — Shildt better figure out where the reset button is before Friday. A one-game bout against Scherzer probably won’t work out so well after swooning against lesser foes.

1982 willie
    Participant

well the brewers are doing to the reds what we should have done to the diamondbacks the past two days. maybe they want it more. probably gonna be down to one game lead come the weekend. I think before we swept the cubs, everyone was thinking it might. just hoping it didn’t so we could get things set but maybe it was meant to be.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cards are making it interesting in the ninth. Goldschmidt at the plate representing the lead run, but grounds into a double play to end the 9-7 loss.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.