StL 2019 Game 159 thread: Wed 9/25 at D-backs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 159 thread: Wed 9/25 at D-backs

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Here’s how long extra inning games can be cured and made more exciting:

All men LOB beginning in the 9th stay on base. If their turn at bat comes around while still on they forfeit the base

A 12 inning game WILL BE A RARITY

David
    Participant

Free

Schildt needs to let Wacha stay in for as long as possible and not pull him in the 6 th because he gives up a lead off hit or not pinch hit for him in the 4th because hes trying to get a couple extra runs. Bottom line if Wacha is being effective, keep him in there esp if we have the lead. Chances are this will be Wachas last start of 2019, because I don’t foresee him being in the starting rotation for the playoffs so the next time he will pitch will probably be Thursday or Friday against the braves out of the pen.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If we win today and the Crew lose tonight and tomorrow then the division is over and the Cubs will have nothing to spoil. Even if that doesn’t happen I still like our chances. Great American Ballpark and Coors Field can be treacherous. I just don’t see them running the table.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Kyle Lohse…. one of my favorites.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Man, does this tune sound familiar. Man on 2nd with none out and then back to back Ks. I’m headed out of service to hike. Hopefully someone lays a bunt down sometime.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

First inning is a continuation of last night’s offense. JMart swinging like a maniac and Ravelo swinging at nothing. They get the same result. I think there’s a happy medium somewhere.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

This lineup almost is like the cards are conceding this game as a loss

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Besides having a Kraken hangover I’ve got a baseball hangover from that horrid mess this morning

That and the You Tube thing is too much for me

colhusker
    Participant

Free

After a 19 inning affair, really needed Wacha to be sharp, doesn’t appear he is.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

DBacks came ready to play and Cards are still asleep.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not sure Wacha will make it out of the first inning.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

How does a guy who throws only 50% strikes stay in the Bigs as long as Wacha has? I don’t expect every pitch to be a strike as that won’t happen, but he can’t get past 5 innings due to pitch count every outing.

David
    Participant

Free

Down 2 runs… we got em just where we want em.

1982 willie
    Participant

well im not supporting this youtube thing but will keep up to date on my phone. hopefully this revamped lineup brings some energy, cant hit much worse. usually I wouldn’t be a fan since we are in a race for the division but today make sense.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

looks like the bench guys are struggling hitting just like the regulars

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Had a work issue, Wacha get yanked due to pitch count already? Yikes.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wacha with shoulder tightness
    yuck

Looks like that might be the way he leaves the org….sad…he had been trending up lately too

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Martinez ties it up!

David
    Participant

Free

Well today’s lineup took 2 1/3 inning to do what it took last night lineup 19 Earrings

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So much for Wacha helping out the pen. Do we have a long man available?

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Technically, last night they did it in 13 but the bullpen went kaboom a second time so they played 19.

David
    Participant

Free

I stand corrected colhusker. You are correct.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

So much for Wacha helping out the pen. Do we have a long man available?

Honestly, I think Wacha would be good old school middle inning man. Come in and eat 1-4 inning depending what is needed. That role in today’s game is just gone.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

I stand corrected colhusker. You are correct.

But the point you were making was not lost on me. 19 innings is way to many to get just 2 runs.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Honestly, I think Wacha would be good old school middle inning man. Come in and eat 1-4 inning depending what is needed. That role in today’s game is just gone.

Wacha might be good in that role but since he started today’s game and has exited he is not available. I guess I am asking who do we have available today to eat some innings? I am assuming Myers isn’t going the final 7 1/3.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.