StL 2019 Game 156 thread: Sun 9/22 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 156 thread: Sun 9/22 at Cubs

This topic contains 112 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Cardinal in France 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:20 p.m. RHP Miles Mikolas (9-14, 4.29) vs. RHP Yu Darvish (6-7, 4.02) FOX Sports Midwest // TBS (out of market) // KMOX

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cards clinch a playoff spot with a victory in this game.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

A four game sweep at Wrigley would sure make a lot of previous wounds heal quickly – go for it Cards.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

A sweep also means we don’t have to hear the drunken chorus sing that damn song again this year. Weather forecast is looking bad for this game.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Weather forecast is looking bad for this game.

Hate to hear that. But I am sure MLB will do everything possible to get this game in. Even if they cancel the day game and it becomes a night game.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Figures that I invited family (the ones who got me into Cards baseball) over to watch the game and it looks iffy at best to get the game in. Ah well, not much you can do I guess. We kinda need some rain here in NW PA so hopefully we get a little of it tomorrow.

I’m guessing if it’s PPD, they will just skip playing it altogether unless it has an effect on the standings after Game 161?

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Arent both the Cubs and Cards off on this coming Thursday? Would they possibly play then?

I still think they will wait this one out till night time if they have to. Field conditions could be the deciding factor.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Just looked at ChiTown wx fcst. Grim with slim to no chance of playing – rain until 1AM monday and showers after that but Monday day is bright and sunny. If AZ is off Thursday why not move their three games back and play this one on Monday. I know, I know – don’t try to make sense. OR, if this one is postponed and eventually becomes of no import to the playoffs, just cancel it.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Whats the scoop???

Are we going to play today, or sometime today???

I am marinading my new York strip steak for lunch and I’ll be watching the Colts game with Atlanta to start the festivities this afternoon.

r/Esteemed Rat

Wooster
    Participant

Free

I like Mikolas pitching today, hes been pretty steady lately. No time to let off on the gas though. We’re not there yet. Still have to outdistance Miwaukee too. Need to take ’em one game at a time and keep playing. Don’t let up! Go Cardinals!

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Question for some of you all knowing ones: Is that jiggy dance that Zobrist was doing behind 2B not legal or is it just part of the unwritten code to not do that. He is wearing a white uniform and dancing around in the batters eye which could confuse some even more that a minor no stop balk would. Whatever it is I cal it poor sportsmanship like the idiots who sit in the pricey seats behind the plate and wave their arms wildly trying to distract the pitcher.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

285 pitches for the Cubs pen in the last three days. In a non-expanded bullpen of 8 men, that would be an average of 35 pitches a day for each and every one of them. They will either be gassed, or using their scrubs. Will be interesting if a rain delay knocks out the starters.

Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Last time the Cards swept 4 at Wrigley: 1921

Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

“They will either be gassed, or using their scrubs. Will be interesting if a rain delay knocks out the starters”

I’m pulling for “gassed”

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’d definitely try some bunts to Rizzo today. Too bad Lester isn’t pitching, that would have bunts even more interesting.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

from what the announcers said it isn’t allowed. apparently the cardinals didn’t point it out since it wasn’t ever taken care of. personally iv never believed movement like runners going or players moving around should really bother the batter. the batter should squarely be focused on the ball and the pitcher, if you do that, you don’t really see that other stuff. that’s how I see it from my personal experience. sudden loud racket yea, movement no.

Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

I have more faith in Rizzo’s ankle than our bunting

Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Agree with Willie. I was oblivious of runners. I was aware of it but not the least bit distracted by it. Same for when I was catching: aware of a break for 2nd but was still focused on catching the pitch.

OUCH! Ball not caught?!!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Wakey, wakey , smell the gravy!

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

well our outfielders have got to get it together. funny thing is ozuna was going for it like he knew where it was, it wasn’t til late that he let on that he didn’t have it. bader probably should have been closer but its a by product of that mishap between him and fowler the other day, he didn’t want to get in the way. its why I believe the center fielder should always have priority with plays in the gap and the other outfielders should know that. but that isn’t how they always do that. sometimes you cant hear someone calling which is why I think the way I do. if the cf is move dover towards another way, then the outfielder the opposite way knows to go for that ball in the gap.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Wonder what the winds doing today. Watching tbs and these guys say its swirling.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Sweeet DP!

Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Still getting used to having a very good defense again!

Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

WOW…move DeJong further down to the 8 hole!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yowza DeJong swats a dinger! That thing was rocket powered!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 113 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years