StL 2019 Game 156 thread: Sun 9/22 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 156 thread: Sun 9/22 at Cubs

This topic contains 112 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Cardinal in France 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Holy cow!!!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Hot damn! Four-game sweep. Well done Cardinals.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

we swept em. awesome stuff. that’s good payback. no the cubs aren’t playing in October even if its remotely still possible. now time to win the division.

Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Free

After this huge series sweep, we have to be careful of a let down starting the series against Arizona.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Cardinals Win! Nice game! Pulled it out in the 9th again. YOWZA! Arizona next!Another great team win! Go Cardinals!

Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

3 verrry long years

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1982willie said:

no the cubs aren’t playing in October even if its remotely still possible.

The Cubs’ playoff odds are down to 1% after this loss!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2019-mlb-predictions/

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What a game!! I had family over to watch so I couldn’t game thread it but to sweep in such fashion has to be the biggest blow possible to the baby bears’ psyche. The Cubs now cannot win the division and are 4 back in the wild card. That’s going to make it very likely that there is no postseason for them.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

There is just no greater pleasure in life than sweeping the cubs! Well, OK, perhaps there is one greater pleasure, but stomping the baby bears is a real close second.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

WOW!!! I’m going to walk over to Wrigley right now with my broom and make sure they fully cleaned everything up!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What a fantastic series!

Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Free

Before the all star break, I would have never seen this coming. We may not have the wins like the Astros, Yankees, and Dodgers.,, but we are battle tested and resilient which should benefit us come post season.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I think we owe Jose Martinez a humongous attaboy!

Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Free

Agree Cardinal in France. How about a few more attaboys to Carp, Molina, DeJong, and Goldy for coming up with big hits in the clutch.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Before the all star break, I would have never seen this coming. We may not have the wins like the Astros, Yankees, and Dodgers.,, but we are battle tested and resilient which should benefit us come post season.

And with one of the better bullpens in the game. In October, having a great bullpen can take you a long way.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think we have the pitching to compete in October. Not sure about the hitting.

Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Pitching, base running and D is what we got. Need to continue timely hitting and KOLTON WONG back (healed)

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Been hitting pretty good lately

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think little doubt exists that this coming week will be Joe Maddon’s last as the skipper of the Chicago cubs. Even though they are our arch rivals, I think it only right to observe a moment of silence in recognition of Mr. Maddon’s time spent with the cub organization and what Joe’s service has meant to we Cardinal fans. It is presently 5:33pm(cst). I would ask all to refrain from posting until 5:35pm(cst) so that we all can think of nothing except Joe Maddon and what the future may hold for him, for these next 2 minutes. Thank you very much .

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

There is just no greater pleasure in life than sweeping the cubs! Well, OK, perhaps there is one greater pleasure, but stomping the baby bears is a real close second.

CIF…….I assume that one greater pleasure that you refer to would be eating Catfish Fiddlers like me and Pugs do?

r/Esteemed Rat <~~~~~who salutes Joe Maddon for finally winning that world series for the Cubs

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Ratsbuddy Ratsbuddy.
    Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

“Been hitting pretty good lately”

I don’t know, Woose…w/o looking it up I think the Cubs out-hit us in the series. We BOTH stunk with RISP

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Indeed Rat. You know it might not be a bad idea for our Birds to hold a “Catfish Fiddler Night” next year at a Friday night game. I would be first thru the turnstiles for that one….well, maybe 4th after Rat, Wooster & CardsFanInChiTown. I bet CardinalinFrance would even make the long journey across the pond to attend that affair.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Wow, just think about that. The first 30,000 through the turnstyles get two free catfish fiddlers. I bet that would catch on and be done all over MLB.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

no the cubs aren’t playing in October

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

I bet there is not one person on TCN who would have predicted a Card sweep of this series before the season started and probably not even after the middle of April. When I looked at the new schedule last fall the first thing I noticed was Cubs for 7 of the last 10 games with the last 3 at home BUT 4 in ChiTown. That has kept me on edge for the whole season and now I can exhale and only say we have to crush them again in Busch. BTW – my crow is defrosting – I am one who said they would not make the post-season. I like mine medium well.

Congrats to the entire team and it’s coaches/manager for putting together such a great stretch run. I think it was Paul DeJong who said that they have a new hero every day. So true.

Personal opinion: The HPU ball/strike calls for both teams in this series were the worst I have seen this season and the call by Mr Welke yesterday was beyond ridiculous.

I have a friend who is a Cub fan and all season he has told me this would happen – the Cubs falter because Maddon does not know how to use and control his pitching staff. Maybe but I don’t know. I was amazed that he did not drag out Craig Kimbrel in the 9th inning. 15 million dollars a year for a closer means he has to be used in a game such as this – win or lose. Okay, he lost – twice but he still has to be used. Carlos went 4 games and admits he was tired but manned up and give a bunch of us heart attacks but at least he took the ball.

Looks like we see Mr Leake on Tuesday and we are still paying part of his salary. Kelly the catcher has turned into a gem for them and I am happy for him while the pitcher we traded for Goldsmith is just coming off the IL but we won’t see him.

I am counting on the Reds to have a big enough pair to put the Brewers down a time or two – whatever it takes to guarantee us the division – of course we can do that ourselves but it never hurts to have help.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 113 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years