StL 2019 Game 155 thread: Sat 9/21 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 155 thread: Sat 9/21 at Cubs

This topic contains 240 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Carter Le Grand Carter Le Grand 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 226 through 241 (of 241 total)
  • Author
    GameCard
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I hope we eliminate them tomorrow and they fire that POS Maddon.

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

Top of the eight…. Brewers ahead 10-1 over the Pirates.

Looks like the Pirates finish out the season at home.

The best thing their owners could do right now is open the
    gates for FREE, for all their remaining games. Might as well
    offer free Beer… free food and free everything… to be able
    to put any fans in the stands.

In fact… for the season ticket holders…. show your season
    ticket at the gate and get a refund for each game that they
    attend.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was out for the day so other than following a little on Gameday and seeing the final score, I didn’t get to see anything. I’m watching the highlights and then the replay of the 9th now. How delightful. Simply delightful. Hopefully the Cards can sink them tomorrow.

…which they need to do, because the Memphis Redbirds would sweep the Pirates right now. They have no chance of losing to the Brewers. The guys they ran out there tonight had ERAs of 10.22, 8.94, 5.52, 8.76, and 7.71. That’s an embarrassment for the great city of Pittsburgh.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

What was the reason for the balk? I watched the replay, didn’t see anything. Did the ump say he never came to a stop?

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

What was the reason for the balk?

No discernible pause — according to one Bill Welke.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Our best hope to fend off the Brewers is that both Cincinatti and Colorado appear to still be trying to win games unlike the Pirates.

Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

The weather system that flooded Texas is on a line to Chicago tomorrow. It has lost no power.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was at yesterday’s game. An emotional roller coaster for sure. In the end, it was a great win for the Cardinals as they came back again against the Cubs “money closer”. It was another tough defeat for the Cubs …one might say devastating.

Note: Cub fans started dropping dollar bills from the upper deck after Kimbrall gave up the second home run to Dejong. I had never seen that before.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

<1964cards wrote:

I was at yesterday’s game. An emotional roller coaster for sure.>

That would have been a classic one to attend and it was emotional for us TV viewers too. We could clearly hear the “Let Go Cardinals” chants from the Cards fans.

McLaughlin and McCarver up to their usual hijinks of trying to call the game from the booth. Thankfully Shildt could not hear them. They were very hesitant to criticize the HPU calls as he was very inconsistent. I think McCarver had a TV with a different strike box on it because what he described as location was totally different from where the ball was.

I bet those back to back dingers in the 9th put a hush to that crowd – except for the Cards fans.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards fans were pretty loud following the DeJong homer. Ozuna is getting a lot of strikes called that are out of the zone. Does he have a bad rep with the umpires? A lot of them with two strikes already.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

cub fans started dropping dollar bills from the upper deck after Kimbrel gave up the second home run to DeJong

Yeah I think they realized that once again they are going to have money to burn for the next few decades, as they will not be having to pay for any post season play tickets. If I had been there I would have scooped those bills up with the gusto of chasing foul balls. You bring alcohol into the equation and some of those cubbies fans could have easily mistakingly tossed 5, 10, 20 maybe even a c-note or two from those upper decks. I don’t ever recall going to a ML game and heading out of the turnstiles with more loot than I came in with.

Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

The weather channel ain’t giving me what I need. Are we getting this game in or what???

Where’s our card fan in Chicago???

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As the crow flies, or in this case as the Cardinal flies, I’m about 2 hours north north-west of the Windy City, Carter. It’s been raining cat and dogs all day up here, but has now subsided to a mere drizzle. If I had to venture a guess, I would say that our sweep is going to be delayed a bit, but we’ll get it in.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

If they had started at 10 am they probably could have ‘squooze’ it in but if the radar ain’t lying, this game is toast for a long time.

Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Thanks Pugs and Man O’ Minute for the update

Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Last time the Cards swept 4 at Wrigley: 1921

Viewing 16 posts - 226 through 241 (of 241 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years