StL 2019 Game 150 thread: Mon 9/16 vs. Nats

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 150 thread: Mon 9/16 vs. Nats

This topic contains 77 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Euro Dandy Euro Dandy 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice win for the Cards. I like it when we keep the pressure on the Cubs. The Nats have Corbin and Scherzer going the next two days so let’s keep slaying the giants. It would be a nice time for the offense to get blazing hot again for about a week.

Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

photo

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Somebody explain this to me. What are the Reds doing? Arent they even going to try???

They have that dud Gausman start the game and he gives up three runs in the first.

They have a pitcher playing centerfield in this one, that being Lorenzen.

Votto and Galvis aren’t playing. Announcers say they are ill and hurting.

And they hold back their best pitcher in Castillo so he can start Friday night at home. This way the Cubs don’t see him.

Are the Reds even trying here?????

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Ratsbuddy Ratsbuddy.
    thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs if you’re in Detroit you should let me know. I work in midtown at the Detroit Institute of Arts. Itd be nice to put a face to name and I could give you a quick little tour if you have a minute. I do have a unique job at the museum.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Good team win for us! Bull pen recovers and we got some runs. Well played game and a big night for Ozuna. They matched us on total hits but our pitching was coming better. Good to see
    Go Cardinals!

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Miller pitched a good game in the end, then Carlos showed he can get an out. I like our chances rest of the series now that Strasberg is out. Keep it going, Cards. Chicago is not giving up.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was just in town for the day and arrived back in America’s Dairyland early this evening. Sounds like a neat place where you work. I will definitely take you up on that tour the next time I’m in the Motor City……thanks Jags!

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like the Padres are playing to lose too with their lineup. How many would have predicted 16 wins for Hudson this year.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Carter, who is your pic of? I’m guessing I’m not the only one curious.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

good win tonight. of course we normally do ok against the better pitchers. we made the pitchers work. we still didn’t have a lot of hits. ozuna was great but goldy and dejong wasn’t. edman was good but bader still not hitting great with runners in scoring position. though its the middle of the order guys that need to get it going together not just here and there. maybe could move edman up in the order at least behind dejong if not before him. overall I think the lineup is fine just the order could be tweaked. I like the defense we have out there now. just got to get that middle going.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Just win baby!

Cubs and Brewers aren’t going to lay down. It’s the playoffs right now and the strong will survive.

Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

“Carter, who is your pic of? I’m guessing I’m not the only one curious”

I don’t know, Chi…just a nice picture.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Great news to wake up to. I was rather dreading opening up the computer this morning. I’m still looking over my shoulder at those baby bears however.

forsch31
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman will be the starting 3Bman for the rest of this year. But unless he spends all of the off-season and spring training learning to play CF, he shouldn’t be starting next year. As can be seen, he may get on base but there is no one to drive him in. I’m sure he doesn’t scare many teams with his bat. There only other way he starts is if they trade Wong.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

<Wooster wrote:

Yeah I chuckled at that one too, trust me they’re not gonna let him die.>

Trust me on this one. As one who has COPD and is on oxygen for a good portion of everyday, you do feel you are gonna die at times when you can’t catch your breath. In Carlos defense, the asthma and allergies would be enough to scare him when you consider that he is from the Caribbean at a low level and Denver at 5280 feet is darn high (and less oxygen). BUT if he pitches lousy, I can’t support him………LOL

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Thanks for that report on the Reds Rats. I didn’t realize that Bell would toss in the towel early. Sounds like something MLB should get involved with but, of course they won’t. The schedulers thought they were geniuses setting up things the way they are and it got kind of stupid – Cards playing Brewers 10 games in first month and then not seeing them until August – Cards playing the expected top two teams 10 games in the last month of the season but the last two teams get patsies otherwise. Oh well, I guess I am just partisan.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

forsch31. Since you seem to have a definite dislike for Edman I would like to ask who do you think should be the starter at 3B next season?

Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Minuteman: “forsch31. Since you seem to have a definite dislike for Edman I would like to ask who do you think should be the starter at 3B next season?”

His post perplexed me. To me Edman is pure gold. What am I missing? The kid is better than Carp in every single category. And who says he can’t play CF?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rat, the Reds are waiving the white flag just like the Pirates. It is embarrassing. This end of year schedule is working out perfectly for the Cubs.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Edman before Wong either at the end or start of the order sounds good. Dexter has been good at lead off though. Nice deliema to have

Wooster
    Participant

Free

As far as the Cubbies go we’re gonna have to beat ’em ourselves. One game at a time!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s ironic that we are actually helping the Brewers and Cubs when we beat the Nationals. But we have to do it. Winning tonight would be great, as the Cubs face Sonny Gray. Finally a pitcher with a pulse.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar wrote:

“…This end of year schedule is working out perfectly for the Cubs.”

Except for the part where they play their last six on the road, where they have a .413 winning percentage this season…

GameCard
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Tommy Edman is our most exciting player.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Except for the part where they play their last six on the road, where they have a .413 winning percentage this season…

True but three of those six road games are against a team that Johnson City could beat right now.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar gscottar.
Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years