StL 2019 Game 15 thread: Sun 4/14 at Reds (Mexico)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 15 thread: Sun 4/14 at Reds (Mexico)

This topic contains 86 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Avatar so_cal_cards_fan 7 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

3:10 p.m. RHP Miles Mikolas (1-1, 6.19) vs. RHP Anthony DeSclafani (0-1, 6.75) FOX Sports Midwest // KMOX // WIJR

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Comos nosotros y el beisbol en la Mehico la ciudad! El Cardinales will el destroyo la Redlegos!

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It kind of looks like Camelback mountain from afar. Could it be that clear in Mexico City?

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I was worried about the return flight being long and arriving late but it is a mid afternoon game and the flight is much shorter than I thought (only about 3 hours). Barring an extra inning affair our Cards should touchdown by around midnight and be tucked away by 1AM.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Redlegos? Is that the true translation?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mikolas needs a good outing.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by Avatar gscottar.
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

I hope Paul Goldschmidt hits one over the mountain in center field!

BW—
    If he doesn’t strike out, maybe…

If my calculations are correct, he has struck out 18 times in 14 games which puts him on par for 208 strikeouts on the year. But, he has hit 6 HRs which puts him on par for 69 HRs on the year too (assumes playing every game). I’d forgive 208 SOs if he hits 40-50 HRs and has 120 RBIs. Time will tell.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We are still 7 Spanish speaking posters away from being able to conduct today’s game thread. We know you are out there…..Nyquist? Euro? Minuteman3? UCONN? Booyah? Stlcards25 & Cardinals27, CardinalsRedsox4Ever? Scotty? Jags? Anybody?

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No podemos salir de México sin una victoria. ¿Qué pensarían los fanáticos locales de los Perfectos?

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

No comprende, Pugs. However, I do hope the Cards understand the linguistics of clutch hitting today, with a Spanish flair.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

About all I know in Spanish is to count to 15, or so, and one of my favorite phrases, “asi es la vida”. Such is life….

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I sure as heck hope that Dexter Goldschmidt doesn’t strikeout 200+ times this year!!!

r/Rat

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Señor Pugs, Os Cardinales tenas nada para provar para populucao Mexicana! Ja estao os mejores!

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

It seems to be a good omen when you assign these inappropriate names to players, Rats. Since you called the lefty “Cecil Miller” he has three scoreless outings on one hit, no walks and four strikeouts. Based on that, Goldchmidt should bust out soon and you can move on to pick on another slumping player. There will always be someone.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Si si si, senor Carioca!!!

If you can count to 15 in Spanish, you’re in, Cardinals27! Maybe we can have you count the balls and strikes and outs. I think we can even have you tally the hits as there’s no way our Cards will come close to exceeding 15, if ladt night’s game was any indication.

Euro knows “comprende” so he’s in….good show, Euro!

And Nyquist! I have not heard such beautiful wonderful Espanol since Kadamia would get dear ol’ dad (Gomez) all hot and bothered with the romantic lingo.

That’s 6 down and only 4 to go.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CardsRedsox, I posted this in the Saturday thread.

Goldy got off to a bad start last year then really turned it on. Here are his batting averages per month for 2018:

Apr- .273
    May- .144
    June- .364
    July- .317
    Aug- .356
    Sep- .273

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I took enough Spanish in school to know how to read it, basically. I wouldn’t want to try to post or speak in Spanish, though.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

It seems to be a good omen when you assign these inappropriate names to players, Rats.

Well, then, lets hope he turns out to be Tiger Goldschmidt today!

r/Rat

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

El Tigre!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ozuna cracks a homer to right and the Cards take a 3-0 lead!

Btw the Tiger Masters win was incredible…still my favorite athlete so I was psyched for that!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tyler O’Neill obliterated that one!! 4-0 Cards.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Okay, who called him Tyler Greene before Tyler hit that monster blast?

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sweet double play by Wong and Dejong eliminates the base runner. They’re empty for Puig, who grounds out to Dejong.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years