StL 2019 Game 15 thread: Sun 4/14 at Reds (Mexico)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 15 thread: Sun 4/14 at Reds (Mexico)

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Wong starts a very nice unconventional DP to end it

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

The ole 4-3-6 Double Play

UConn Card

Paid - Annual

THAT’S A WINNER!!!!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hope none of the boys go out to a local saloon to do any celebrating. My fatherly instincts are really kicking into gear for this series. I know Mexico is a find place, but I won’t be happy until that Cardinal chartered jet crosses into US airspace.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

They are heading right to Milwaukee tonight. Game tomorrow.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nonstop flight, Brian? That must be about a 9 hour fight from Mexico City to America’s Dairyland. Wonder how the players spend their time on flights. I’d be playing poker.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Its about a 6 hour flight, Pugs. I’d be watching movies.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks Black Hills! Which 4 movies would you see on your flight? I think I would start it off with a great old black & white movie about Dizzy Dean….”The Pride of St. Louis”. If you’re a Cardinal fan and you’ve never seen “The Pride of St. Louis”, then you are either under 35 years of age or you’re terribly unlucky to have never heard of this gem. Next up would be “Shawshank Redemption”. I’ve seen the movie a couple of hundred times and God willing, I’ll see it a couple hundred more. Third up would be “Hoosiers”. I have always wanted to head down to southern Indiana to see where this dandy was filmed….. it can’t be too far from RatsBuddy’s stomping grounds. Last up would either be “Superbad”, “Let It Ride”, “Escape From Alcatraz, “Lost In America” or “The Doctor”……I’ll go with “Lost In America”, which undoubtedly would be the funnest movie you’ll ever see if you’re over 30.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Actually it is only about a 3.5 hour flight.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Nice to get a 4 run lead after 1/2 inning but even nicer to see the come back after the score tied. Everybody sure seemed happy with the weekend but the forecasted packed stadium did not materialize – less than 17K each game. Capacity was 22K. Boy that turf sure makes a difference in the game. Don’t recall Tampa and Toronto being that much different.
    Don’t know about others but Fox Sports Plus only came through at my house on the Reds feed (Fox Sports Ohio) but I will say I really enjoyed it much more than the Dan & Brad show. The Reds guys seemed to know more about the Cards players than the Midwest guys and they were pretty even handed in passing out compliments and knocks – even to their own team. Best of all, they did not believe that every second of the broadcast needed to be covered with yakking. Lots of quiet time and no drifting off to players and times of 40 years ago. Even the FS Ohio ads seemed to be a lot different than those on Midwest. Heavy emphasis on medical stuff and charities and only one car dealer ad. No pizza or custard ads. I am one who usually records the game on TIVO and starts watching at least 45 minutes after the start in order to FF the commercials. Could not do that with the streaming – not hooked up to the TIVO.
    On to a dome in the cold north again. Hoping for better results despite the poor scheduling where we play 7 games in their house before they ever come to ours.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well the game was in Monterrey, not Mexico City. Monterrey is just south of the border so the charter flight probably wasn’t much longer than it would have been from San Antonio. Probably 3.5 to 4 hours. I’m still puzzled as to why the game started at 3pm on a getaway day. That was weird.

I’m glad we got the split. Two bombs from Ozuna was nice. I’m not a big fan of his but I’m glad to see him swing the bat a bit. I still think O’Neill and JMart could put up the same numbers as him if they got to play everyday.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Fiesta vs siesta? Their hard-working day goes much longer into the evening, with a break in the middle. I’m not sure it’s still a business practice, but a cultural thing from the Spanish influence.

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.