StL 2019 Game 132 thread: Tue 8/27 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 132 thread: Tue 8/27 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Now a 4-pitch walk to bring the tying run to the plate.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I can’t understand why no Brebbia here. I realize Carlos is your closer but you can’t mess around. He’s been playing with fire.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Whew! Carlos holds the Brewers!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Ho hum.

1982 willie
    Participant

man that was close.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Holy heart attack. Perez nearly goes yard but Dexter with the little hop at the fence hauls it in. Payback for the first game of the season I guess. Cards win it 6-3. Let’s sweep these guys tomorrow.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CMart will give you a freaking heart attack. Good ____ grief.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Good win which puts the Brewers another game back and the Cubs stay 3 out.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

CMart will give you a freaking heart attack. Good ____ grief.

Kind of like Rosenthal part 2

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I’ve told people this over and over and over.

MARTINEZ IS UNDEPENDABLE, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO GET!!!

I hope and pray both Martinez’s, Bozo and Bozo, are GONE after this year!!!

r/Esteemed Rat

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hope and pray both Martinez’s, Bozo and Bozo, are GONE after this year!!!

Jmart, yes. Cmart, not unless they can replace him with a better pitcher. Which is not as easy as you might think. He’s been a top 20ish starter which this team can’t afford to lose for 2020.

1982 willie
    Participant

nice win, the top of the lineup didn’t hit well but the middle and bottom came up big. it was good to get carlos in, he hadn’t pitched for a bit. to be honest, I kinda like brebbia better at closer right now. that’s the one thing about winning big for a bunch of games, some guys like your closer don’t get enough work.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

I miss Hicks! He only raised the BP 80 percent of the time, Carlos is at 100!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

$840 of bogus fraud charges on my credit card.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am fine with CMart being in the rotation next year but there is no way in heck I want him as closer. Gasoline meet fire.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Glad that we had slots 6-9 tonight. DeJong (fifth) walked and scored. All six RBIs and 5 runs scored were by the bottom of the order, other than DeJong’s run after being walked. Molina, Bader, and Wong had great nights.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Andrew Luck retired.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Mm3, did you break a hole in your paper bag this time?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow! What a nice thing to wake up to. Fell asleep way back in about the 3rd inning when we were down 1-0. Thanks for doing a great job reeling in the “W”, gents. Taco salad….sweet! Some people just know when to pick the perfect din-din at the perfect location at the perfect time. Wooster, Rat & CardinalinFrance are just these sort of talented chefs. 7 twin killings the record…..thanks Brian!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Pugs, the nap was a good move on your part. By missing the 8th and 9th innings tonight, you saved yourself several shots of Wild Turkey that you certainly would’ve needed to survive. Now you’ll have more to enjoy at the game Sunday.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Andrew Luck retired.

Rat, did you boo him? Just a day before the announcement, my son and I were wondering how the rest of his career was going to go.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I am fine with CMart being in the rotation next year but there is no way in heck I want him as closer.

The more it looks like the Cards have a chance for some playoff noise, I hope they figure something out for this year.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

STL25 wrote:
    <I hope and pray both Martinez’s, Bozo and Bozo, are GONE after this year!!!>

I want JMart to stay (cheap contract) and CMart to find a new home or pay for my heart attack hospitalization. He may have some actual value but, without Yadi, he is a lost soul.

Next subject:
    Time to trade that Wong guy. He can’t do nothing and refuses to play hurt. Actually, to be serious, this was a very good game to see what the team has for spirit but, once again, it was threatened by our faux-closer. Nice to see that when the front half of the lineup folds, the back half comes through.

No sign of Front Row Amy but the camera rarely showed those seats and, initially, they were empty.

Carp has returned to his old self – struggling. I can almost see him missing 1B but that start from 2nd to 3rd was one huge boo boo that even a Little Leaguer could see. Cain had the ball in glove when Marp decided to go. Not my fav Card but I hate to see any Card go through that kind of game.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

wRC+ in the last two weeks:

Bader 195
    Ozuna 166
    Wong 150
    Molina 138
    Dejong 132
    Fowler 118
    Edman 115
    Carp 111
    Goldy 85

Other than Bader, no one is insanely hot and no one’s super cold. Could really use am uptick from Goldy, but Shildt has basically had a good lineup no matter who he’s written in lately. That’s a nice issue to have.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The more it looks like the Cards have a chance for some playoff noise, I hope they figure something out for this year.

Two words: Giovanny Gallegos

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.