StL 2019 Game 132 thread: Tue 8/27 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 132 thread: Tue 8/27 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:40 p.m. RHP Miles Mikolas (7-13, 4.43) vs. RHP Adrian Houser (6-5, 3.62) FOX Sports Midwest // KMOX

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Sure hope the offense can support Miles like they did a laboring Waino.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

To be honest Mikolas has been rather disappointing this year. He may have overachieved a bit last year and set the expectations high but surely he is better than this. His batting average against is an alarming .279. He needs to step up his game this last month of the season. We need at least a strong six innings tonight.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Miles has had several good starts this year that make you think he’s back to his 2018 self, then some big clunkers. He’s mostly pitched fairly deep into games. Hopefully the offense can stay hot against Doogie Houser and Miles can go 6-7 innings. I’ll predict that one or the other happens but not both. Bullpens will matter tonight.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Carpenter was terrible again last night. He looked lost. The shift has psyched he out…. all season.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I tried posting about Front Row Amy last night but I kept getting the error message again.

r/Esteemed Rat

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carpenter was terrible again last night. He looked lost. The shift has psyched he out…. all season.

Watching Carp the other night against Colorado, he looked loose in his stance and was moving fluidly before the pitch. Last night he was rigid and statuesque as the pitcher was readying to pitch. It sure seemed like facing the lefty had him out of his comfort zone and the brain took over from there. We will see how things look tonight and if he looks a bit more comfortable at the plate.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Rat, please describe this “Front Row Amy” as soon as she’s spotted in the wild, I’m very curious after all of the posts about this untamable lioness….

Wooster
    Participant

Free

He can’t pull the ball against a left handed pitcher. Still has not learned hand placement to go with the pitch. Theres videos on it on U-tube. Against a right hander is where he can hit. Needs to upgrade his skills.
    Houser has been rudiculous low era last 3 games. Gonna be slim pickins tonight? Mikolas is gonna have to be on his game and very careful
    tonight. After last night they’re gonna want to light him up right outta the gate.
    Hope we can keep the bats going, Go Cardinals!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

CFICT,
    Front Row Amy has long dark hair and usually – but not always – shows off her assets. As you watch the game on TV she will be to the left, in the front row. You cant miss them, I mean, her.

r/Esteemed Rat

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

null

Amy in all of her score keeping glory.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Well, you’ve greatly narrowed down my ticket search area for my next game up there….

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Rats wrote:
    <Front Row Amy has long dark hair and usually – but not always – shows off her assets. As you watch the game on TV she will be to the left, in the front row. You cant miss them, I mean, her.>

Thanks Rats. The camera never got up above her chin so I didn’t get a good luck but the gal next to her was showing the same kind of assets that Amy was showing last season. The gal in blue did not seem to have any prominent assets but I will admit that the camera work was lousy…..LOL

Also notice that the Brewers CF camera goes directly over the pitcher to the plate. When the pitch is thrown the pitchers head is clear of the plate area and the viewer gets a good look at the balls placement in (or out) of the Zone. FSMW used to do this at Busch but changed it because they said the pitchers head interferred with the picture. So they moved the camera slightly to the right of the pitcher and that does skew the actual view of the plate. You see left side curves that look like they never have a chance and all of a sudden they plop in the strike zone.

There is not an umpire alive who can consistently judge the low strike and many can’t judge a pitch to the opposite of the plate from which they are looking. Electronic strike zone must be put in effect soon because with gambling now legal on major league sports, the honesty of the HPU can be questioned more than previously. Just sayin. Also a check swing must be clearly defined. Danny Mac says there is no specific rule on it.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Well, you’ve greatly narrowed down my ticket search area for my next game up there

Happy to be of service, Chi fan. Tell me: are you a Cards/Bulls fan like me?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Last night Amy had on a blue top that covered up everything. Normally she isn’t so shy. She had a blue top on last night. We’ll have to see about tonight. And I think her hair is darker now than what it is in the above pic.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

That photo of Amy shows about the same blouse that the girl in yellow had on last night. Are we positive that Amy was in blue. Now all eyes will be on Row 1 instead of the plate – including Mikolas.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Carter, Cards(proudly)/Bulls(sadly)/49ers(but Bears season ticket holder)/In hockey I root for whoever plays the Blackhawks(Beyond zero respect for their players and the cover ups they “handle” for their players)

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Any other Niners or Bears fans on here? I finally have been to SF, don’t like the city, will probably never go back, but still root for the Niners, and after 14 years here, the Bears tickets thing is just a good investment and fun to go to a few.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

STL Lineup

D Fowler (S) RF
    T Edman (S) 2B
    P Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    M Ozuna (R) LF
    P DeJong (R) SS
    Y Molina (R) C
    M Carpenter (L) 3B
    H Bader (R) CF
    M Mikolas (R) P

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Wong still out. We will need him. Makes things happen.

Mikolas is a lot better than many are giving him credit for. Look at all of his starts, as well as his run support. If he had the type of support that Wainwright has been getting, he would be on the road to an outstanding season. He will remain a good part of our pitching puzzle.

At the All-Star break, I didn’t see us performing as well as we have been. I had little confidence in our offense. Although it has had some dry spells, it has been better than I had anticipated. Our pitching has been a lot better than I had expected, but I didn’t see that as a long-term problem in the first place. I like our staff.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

CHi Fan: How could you not be a Bulls Fan? null (unless you were a toddler in the 90’s)

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

That’s a good looking lineup!

except for the 7 hole

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Carter, I am a Bulls fan, but GAR-PAX makes MO-Girsch look like superstars. Are you Bears or…?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Who cares about the lineup. Is Amy there tonight, anybody know yet???

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

In the mlbtraderumors chat, someone asked about Ozuna at 5/85 and the guy hosting the chat, Steve Adams, who seems to be intelligent, said that he’d sign under that in years and dollars. I was assuming he’d get around 5/100…. if they lock him up going into age 29 – 32 year old seasons at less than 20M, that would sure open some flood gates in trade options? Would he accept like 4/72? I assumed it would be a lot higher than that, but have grown to enjoy watching him this year and that would allow them to trade a bunch of OF’s not named Carlson for a SP.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.