StL 2019 Game 131 thread: Mon 8/26 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 131 thread: Mon 8/26 at Brewers

Viewing 9 posts - 101 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Euro, thanks for that. I’m assuming I thought it was foul too, because I casually glanced toward home then saw him sprinting and couldn’t see Fowler…. the amount of time it took to see the ball again, was at least 5 seconds. Pugs could have ran from Sec 122 across the diamond, Turkey in hand, and got it in quicker!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fowler also loafed on Sunday. The bases were loaded, he was on first, Edman doubles into the RF corner, and Dexter only gets to 3B. With two outs he should have scored easily. Fortunate for him Goldy then singled so he scored anyway. Like you said Euro this isn’t the time for jogging, as if there ever is.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

They did show a shot of Fowler chasing the ball which did a double corner bank and he had to go toward the infield to get it. I think he did a fair job of fielding it – no big delay and the throw to 3b was nearly in time to tag Thames out.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Well since Fowler seems to be an undeserved target (my opinon) lets talk about Thomas and his flying non-catch where he turned his glove toward the wall before the ball even arrived. Some days our most touted players turn out to be human huh? He needs some Bader flying training.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

gscott, Danny Mac called out the play you’re referring to. He asked something to the effect, “How is he still on 3rd?” I believe Fowler thought it was going to be a HR.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Minuteman, the problem is Fowler is known to slack off going after balls or running the bases, this is not the first time he has dogged it…common for him and people tired of his garbage.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

EW wrote:
    <gscott, Danny Mac called out the play you’re referring to. He asked something to the effect, “How is he still on 3rd?” I believe Fowler thought it was going to be a HR.>

Danny Mac and McCarver are famous for trying to manage from the booth. McLaughlin is a wannabe who lives vicariously through a microphone. I get so sick of his constant praise of the opponent and criticism of the Cards for the first few innings of every game. Then he either turns into a Card supporter or goes into his games of 40 years ago act – ignoring the game in front of him. When JMart makes a play or an error that DM thinks is not proper he lays into him. One night he laid into JMarts arm forgetting that just a week or so before he had throw out a runner at 3B from deep RF. Then he praised him for a throw to the plate that resulted in an assist. The guy is just too much of a narcissist to get my respect and he is darned lucky to still have a job after a couple of run ins with the law in the past. When Edmonds is in the booth things get toned down a bit or silent when Jimmy Ballgame doesn’t agree with him. But when he has one of the motormouth former pitchers as his analyst, anything goes – as if a pitcher knows anything about the outfield (or infield). Sorry EW, my vent was not directed at you, just at one of those things that sticks in this old mans craw.

Onyxgem wrote:
    </Minuteman, the problem is Fowler is known to slack off going after balls or running the bases, this is not the first time he has dogged it…common for him and people tired of his garbage.>

There are two schools of thought on that assertion and we are entitled to our opinions. I don’t agree with that statement. I was not a Dex supporter last season but I feel that he is contributing this season as much or more than some on the team.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

MM3, I know you are not fond our the Cards broadcast crew. I can take them or leave them. They don’t move the meter much for me either way as to how I process or enjoy a game. I have the MLB Extra Innings package, which includes the home and away and TV and radio broadcast teams. That gives four options! If you are out of the Cards’ location zone, you might consider that. I do like to tune into the opponents’ broadcast teams often for a different perspective, but I often just don’t pay attention to the white noise. I think it’s universal that these guys think they need to fill practically all the air time, which leads to drivel. I did get a kick out of Edmonds and Mac making fun of Angel Hernandez last night.

I lived in Europe for a few years in my military days and they seem to have a different model for this. Their broadcasters tended to let the action speak for itself more often with less cheer leading — just the facts. I watched a lot of tennis, and some soccer and cycling. They seem to cater more to the pure sports fan. In the US (and ESPN is the worst), the pre-, in-, and post-game is more about entertainment to try to lure in the casual fan, which can be annoying to the more serious, informed fans.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs could have ran from Sec 122, across the diamond, Turkey in hand, and got it in quicker!

Ha ha….good one, CardsFanInChiTown!! However, if it meant spilling one single drop of the Wild Turkey, I would have dogged it too. The Turkey is highly revered in the Pugs’ household. The wifey is well aware that if a fire were to ever break out at home, our meeting rally spot will be at the Wild Turkey cabinet.

Viewing 9 posts - 101 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.