StL 2019 Game 12 thread: Wed 4/10 vs. Dodgers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 12 thread: Wed 4/10 vs. Dodgers

This topic contains 88 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Avatar PugsleyAddams 7 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m. RHP Jack Flaherty (0-0, 3.86) vs. RHP Kenta Maeda (2-0, 3.09) FOX Sports Midwest PLUS // KMOX

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals’ game vs. Los Angeles on Wednesday, April 10, will be televised on FOX Sports Midwest Plus due to overlap with St. Louis Blues playoff hockey on FOX Sports Midwest. Channel numbers for FOX Sports Midwest Plus can be found below. You can also stream the Cardinals on the FOX Sports GO app and FOXSportsGO.com.

FOX Sports Midwest Plus Channel Numbers
    Video Provider FOX Sports Midwest Plus SD FOX Sports Midwest Plus HD
    Throughout FOX Sports Midwest Blues/Cards Territory
    AT&T U-verse 747 1747
    DirecTV 671-1 671-1
    Dish April 10: 447, 412-35 April 10: 447, 412-35
    St. Louis area
    Cable America — Maryland Heights, Mo. 22
    Consolidated — Charleston, Ill. 181 181
    Fidelity — Sullivan, Mo. 72 472
    Grafton Technologies — Jerseyville, Ill. 78 789
    Highland Communications — Highland, Ill. 51 551
    HomeTel — Madison, Ill. 1196
    HTC Communications — Monroe, Ill. 77 1077
    Madison Communications — Macoupin, Ill. 26 26
    New Wave — Carlinville, Greenville, Jerseyville, Litchfield, Sparta, Taylorville, Ill. 80 208
    Spectrum — St. Louis 75 or 213 826
    Wabash Communications — Salem, Ill. 97 97
    Downstate Illinois
    Cass — Virginia, Ill. 197
    New Wave — DuQuoin, Olney, Newton, Ill. 80 208
    New Wave — Anna, Ill. 2
    Xfinity – Illinois 524 520
    Mid-Missouri, Southeast Missouri, Southwest Missouri
    Cable America — Republic, St. Robert, Mo. 58 1058
    CableOne — Joplin, Mo. 170
    CableOne – Kirksville, Mo. 56
    Centurylink — Columbia, Mo. 749 1749
    Spectrum — Cape Girardeau, Mid-Mo. 75 826
    Fidelity – Mid-Missouri 72 472
    Mediacom — Columbia, Jefferson City, Mo. 126
    Mediacom — Springfield, Mo. 126
    Suddenlink — Branson, Mo. 39 39
    Iowa
    Cedar Falls Utilities — Cedar Falls, Iowa. 23 23
    Mediacom – Des Moines, Cedar Falls, Iowa 34 833
    Muscatine Power & Water — Muscatine, Iowa 67 67
    Southwest Indiana
    New Wave – Pike, Ind. 80 208
    Spectrum – Evansville, Ind. 2, 12.1, 505
    WOW – Evansville, Ind. 103

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Some observations on last night’s game – good, bad, ugly.

Good – The bullpen was taxed, but came up big. Still too many walks and too many 3 ball counts, but they held the fort.

Bad – The starters need to be more consistent and get more innings I we are going to have any arms that can throw in August.  Also, after Fowler lead off the 7th, I believe that was the inning, with a single, why was n’t Wong bunting? You are facing a tough lefty – your gotta at least try putting it down as you might beat it out, or at least get the runner to second with one out.

Ugly – Ozuna. What was that all about?? One of the worst judgements on a fly ball I have seen in recent years. Plus why climb the wall? Stay on the ground where you can make a play. If the ball is that far over the fence you won’t get it anyway. Man, that was so ugly!

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think that even JoMartinez isn’t capable of pulling off that miss connect which will be on blooper reels for decades. Here I thought that golden glovers were better than that. The replay is available on MLB.com. Its worth a look to start your day with a laugh. It didn’t cost us the game this time and there will be plenty of excuses from the “experts”.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

While I am of the opinion that Cardinal Nation far outnumbers Blues hockey fans I just cannot understand why bump the Cards off Midwest and on to Midwest Plus (which I don’t have). From Brian’s post it appears that Plus is available in quite a few areas that would be of interest to Blues fans. I qill watch the game on Fox Sports Go but I haven’t yet figured out how to get the streaming to fill my 46″ screen. But it is big enough to be enjoyable. Guess I just have to have something to whine about – learned that on other Cards boards…….LOL

One question – Why is Ozuna seemingly cemented into the #4 cleanup position? I would like to hear Mike’s thinking on that.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brebbia and Gant are Co-MVP’s so far for this team. How long can they keep it going?

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Speaking of McCarver, did anyone hear the comment he made last night about Hudson? I believe he said something to the effect that Hudson had more than one finger on his hand.

r/Rat

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cryptic tweet incoming…

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gyorko for Chad Green or Kahnle, preferably Green?

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sounds like it might be a Carpenter extension, per Goold. That’s… interesting.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was hoping with ANdujar out for the year, the Yankees might trade for Gyorko.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

ehh not sure that was wise decision by Cards

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Per MLB Trade Rumors:

3:02pm: It’s a two-year deal with a vesting option for a third season, MLB.com’s Jenifer Langosch tweets. It seems likely that the contract will overwrite the preexisting option year, meaning Carpenter will be under contract through 2021 with the new option covering the 2021 campaign.

2:50pm: The Cardinals have struck a new deal with veteran infielder Matt Carpenter, Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports (Twitter links). It is set to be announced at a press conference this afternoon. Contract details are not yet known; Carpenter is represented by SSG Baseball.

Carpenter, 33, is coming off of a stellar 2018 season in which he posted a hefty .257/.374/.523 slash line with a career-high 36 home runs. He has turned in well-above-average offensive work in every one of his seven full seasons in the majors.

The new deal comes as Carpenter’s prior pact neared a conclusion. His early 2014 extension included a $14.5MM salary for the current season along with a $18.5MM club option ($2MM buyout) for 2020.

Carpenter joins newly acquired first baseman Paul Goldschmidt in signing on for the foreseeable future. There’s risk in locking into two such corner pieces into their mid-thirties, but both are immensely productive hitters.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Guess the Cardinals figure the DH is coming soon, so a future lineup might be DH-Carp, 3B-Gorman/Montero, 1b= Goldschmidt

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1. Matt Carpenter (L) 3B
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    4. Marcell Ozuna (R) LF
    5. Yadier Molina (R) C
    6. Dexter Fowler (S) RF
    7. Kolten Wong (L) 2B
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Jack Flaherty (R) P

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Early results for the batting order:

1 Marp 85 wRC+
    2 Goldy 138 wRC+
    3 Dejong 148 wRC+
    4 Ozuna 65 wRC+
    5 Yadi 46 wRC+
    6 Fowler 49 wRC+
    7 Wong 184 wRC+
    8 Bader 94 wRC+

It’s easy to see where the lineup hole is. We really need those 4-5-6 guys to get on a roll.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Unfortunately our best 4 & 6 hole hitters are on sitting on the bench.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Unfortunately our best 4 & 6 hole hitters are on sitting on the bench.

O’Neill and Jmart are currently running a 49 wRC+ and -16 wRC+, respectively. They might be good options but the results so far aren’t good.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

So instead of letting the better players play, put the ones who are most struggling smack into the middle of the lineup? With all the tongues in cheeks around here lately, it is difficult to tell who is being serious…

O’Neill needs to earn his way into more playing time and until Martinez’ bat gets going (he has been making some wild hacks), there is no reason to take a hit on his defense, too.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Has Molina sat out a game yet? I know the early season has off days built in, but with Weiters around I would be giving Yadi a game off a week. And it’s not like he is tearing it up, Shouldn’t be hitting fifth. Here is my preferred order (vs righties) right now:

Wong, Carp,Goldy, DeJong, Ozuna, Bader, Molina, Fowler

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I read somewhere that Wieters would finally get a start in this series. Running out of games for that…

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Its logical that Molina will get the Thursday day game off after the Wednesday night game. Wieters will start on Thursday.

And speaking of McCarver, did anyone hear the comment he made last night about Hudson? I believe he said something to the effect that Hudson had more than one finger on his hand.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

No one commented on a excellent steal of third by Ozuna that enabled him to then score on a ground out. Cards lead 1-0, now in the third inning.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

mccarver says some silly things. mentioning that baders movement was distracting goldy. when you are batting, if you are focused, you don’t realize the runner is even there even if he is doing hand stands over there.

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

well bwalton, you commented. I wasn’t logged on at the time but it was a great steal. cardinals are really bad at manufacturing runs so that was great.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years