StL 2019 Game 12 thread: Wed 4/10 vs. Dodgers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 12 thread: Wed 4/10 vs. Dodgers

This topic contains 88 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Avatar PugsleyAddams 7 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    UConn Card
    UConn Card

Paid - Annual

No Pugs, she isn’t. Just sleeping on the foot rest and startled awake by my Woo Hoo’ing!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty had two 13 K games last year. One vs the Phillies and another in Milwaukee where the only hit he allowed in 7 innings of work was a one handed dinger on a good slider by Aguilar.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty pitched 12 innings at Miller Park last year, yielding just 7 hits and 2 earned runs, while striking out 22 Brewers and issuing only 3 free passes.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hope you startle the daylights out of her again before this one concludes, UCONN. In your case, as BobbyReed would say, “A scared cat is a good cat”.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great info, stlcard! I had forgot about that gem vs Philly. Something tells me that Jack is going to have a heck of a lot of memorable games before he hangs them up 14 years from now.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great pic, Brian! I hope UCONN doesn’t get arrested for animal cruelty.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Brebbia with another scoreless inning. What’s not to like about this guy?

Gagliano
    Participant

Free

Hello all!

Long time, no visit. I had to create a new account, so I don’t think I’ve been here since the split from Scout. Just hi for now. I’m gonna head off to something else. And hope I didn’t jinx the Cards….

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

DeJong is toting a sizzling stick! He leads off the Redbird 8th with a base rap.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ozuna bomb!! 7-2 Cards

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

And hope I didn’t jinx the Cards

Maybe just the opposite. You might’ve helped Ozuna out of his funk the last couple night as he hit a HR a few minutes after your post.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You’ve been dearly missed, Gags!! Marcell atones with a laser shot that knocks the left field foul pole a few inches out of it’s pocket!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

7-2 Good Guys as we move along to the 9th .

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Ozuna giving me mixed emotions.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Hello, Gags. Welcome back!

DeJong and Ozuna are both 3-for-4, with three RBI and five runs scored between them. That is what the Cards have been lacking from the 3-4 spots this season. At #5, Molina has just one hit, but three RBI.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice play by Dexter in right for the first out. Leone now battling Bellinger.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

He’s pushing hard the “no middle ground” tweet of last night’s game thread — seemingly every play.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s a real seeing eye job there. Bellinger reaches. Now Muncy flies out harmlessly for the second out. One more to go!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Like no player I can remember. You hit the nail on the head, BlackHills! One minute I’m ready to coldcock the guy and the next minute I’m ready to enshrine the guy.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Leone whiffs him!! 7-2 Cards and the chance at the sweep tomorrow!

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Wow, a pen that’s closing doors now. Gotta love it. Now grab the brooms.

GACard
    Participant

Free

I’m getting excited about this team. Need to calm myself but this series is very encouraging no matter the result tomorrow

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Unlike the previous 2 years, this team appears to have spunk. Getting revenge for last year’s spanking at the hands of these Dodgers in St. Louis, is a great indicator of team character. As great as TLR was, I thought he had a propensity to give games away in these situations where he had an opponent on the ropes primed for the sweep, and then walked back to his corner. Keep your foot on the throttle tomorrow, Shildt!

UConn Card
    UConn Card

Paid - Annual

Hey Gags! You know you’re missed!!

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years