StL 2019 Game 108 thread: Wed 7/31 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 108 thread: Wed 7/31 vs. Cubs

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow! That was not good!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

More crap defense leads to a gift cubs run and an insurmountable 2-0 lead. What a great day. I’m sure Mo must really be proud with the way the players are capping off his fine performance today with some of their own.

Jbcardsr1
    Participant

Free

All-star Goldschmidt and a triple A lineup…

Jbcardsr1
    Participant

Free

Mozeliak has been garbage the last 5 years. One example (among several) is not signing Yellich. I’m a casual fan of MLB meaning, it’s not my job, and I knew he had way more upside, in multiple ways, than Ozuna. I like Ozuna but who would you have rather have? I reluctantly follow the Marlins living in Fl but Cardinals I love…

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Frustrating offensive performance coupled with defensive lapses. Need something to happen here.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Dead on Euro. The combo of front office ineptitude and a flat game from the players the same night against your rival is about as deflating as it gets

Don’t understand how people in the front office can keep their jobs after this year even though I know they will

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Welcome, jbcardsr1.

Derrick Goold of the Post-Dispatch has documented the sequence of events regarding Ozuna and Yelich. Details follow at the link below, but the net is the Cards did not get a choice of the two.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/who-pushed-for-ozuna-over-yelich/article_8c329eb6-183a-5bc2-ad72-63d1a51a599d.html

Houstonlarry24
    Participant

Free

Amazing how this team just cannot hit and Slo Mo does nothing to add a bat. Nothing.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Errors, misplays, and guys who would rather strike out than move a runner to third. If we lose this game, it will be because we lost it. It irritates me that major league hitters strike out so often and can’t seem to move a runner over. Runners on first and third, nobody out, and you can’t score a run with the top of the order? Get them away from top of the order. DeJong hasn’t hit the ball when it counted in a week. Too many strikeouts.

Need a ninth-inning miracle. If DeJong can get on, we have a chance.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

DeJong K, now at 247. Wong up to 263. Now, O’Neil, go. ah. So it is Ravelo. Good time for his first HR.

Jbcardsr1
    Participant

Free

Thanks BW, Guess that topic has been discussed. FL/MIA had quite the OF of Yellich, Stanton and Ozuna. I’m just frustrated and likely see where this season is going nowhere.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

What happened to “This team really needs a SP?”

I’ve been saying all along the Cardinals needed to shore up the offense.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tough loss!

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Wash rinse repeat.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

They had Kimbrel sweating, but like throughout the game and series, they couldn’t get the big hit with RISP.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Really had to tease us in the ninth just to take it away very quickly

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

So the Cardinals have runners in scoring position and can’t score…AGAIN?!?!

Color me shocked!

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

I never wanted a pitcher. I would like to have gotten one hitter who had enough bat control to move runners around. We had nine hits, four doubles, and no score. Dumb hitters who didn’t think of moving runners around.

I want to choke hitters who don’t know how to choke up and put the ball in play.

Edman, Munoz, DeJong, Martinez, Wieters—-your loss.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well this game was the perfect capper to a crappy day. Totally deflating.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

They had Kimbrel sweating, but like throughout the game and series, they couldn’t get the big hit with RISP.

Been the theme in St Louis for a few years now.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Not sure what I just saw. Looked like a return to where we were a month ago. Gonna stay quiet to keep things positive. You guys can do better than that. Pitching was fine. Offense was not good except for one guy. Whos batting coach? Really. Never seen so many bad at bats. All those doubles and couldn’t do a thing. Sheesh. Well tomorrows another game but don’t forget thus one-improve on it!

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

I think the biggest concern was the comments Eduardo Perez made on ESPN about the feeling in the clubhouse that the Front Office let the players down by their inaction, that could be a real problem going forward

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kimbrell looks like Holland 2.0. He doesn’t seem to trust his fastball.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I think the biggest concern was the comments Eduardo Perez made on ESPN about the feeling in the clubhouse that the Front Office let the players down by their inaction, that could be a real problem going forward

Oh, no worries ghost. Mo can smooth talk the guys with stuff like I surveyed the landscape, we did our due diligence, clearly we’re always looking to improve and wanted to get all the right pieces, but at the end of the day we couldn’t control how the market worked out, but with that being said, in aggregate I really like our team, and with everybody getting healthy at the right time, I came to the conclusion that you guys are actually the right pieces and I know everybody we need to get us to the wild card game is in this locker room.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years