StL 2019 Game 108 thread: Wed 7/31 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 108 thread: Wed 7/31 vs. Cubs

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:15 p.m. RHP Miles Mikolas (7-10, 4.19) vs. RHP Kyle Hendricks (7-8, 3.26) FS Midwest // ESPN // KMOX // WIJR

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Nice to get the win in the opener. Sort of takes the pressure off. I was hoping we wouldn’t get swept in this series and that’s not a factor anymore. Would be nice to win one of these next too.

And i’ll be sitting on the old sofa, with a cigar in hand, watching this one. Then afterwards a couple of cheeseburgers on my little grill and then finish off the cigar afterwards. Whitey Herdog will be on the couch with me, trying to coax a bite or two out of me. She is usually successful.

For lunch today its down to the amish restaurant. Probably bring home a cherry pie this time.

r/Esteemed Rat

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Nice team win last night. Good defense and pitching for us! Mikolas is better than his numbers. We really need to give him some run support. Hes pitchin at home which gives him a good advantage. I read Hendricks is a soft thrower so its gonna take some hits outa the infield to score. Pitchers are very comparable by numbers so it may be another tight game. Big advantage we’ve been winning lately more than them. Go Cardinals!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hendricks has just killed us lately. It must be all the breaking pitches he throws. He has been pretty poor on the road this year though, with an .800 OPS allowed. Hopefully the guys will be sitting on anything that misses in the zone and driving the ball. I’d like to see 7 innings from Mikolas and a couple homers by the offense. If we get that I like our chances to move two up on the Cubs.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

The only thing that is going to take that idiotic Gyorko deal off my mind tonight is beating the pants off those Cubs. That would really make me feel good and help digest my dinner of trout, cooked softly in a bit of butter and laid out gently on a bed of fluffy rice, decorated with a few florets of steamed broccoli. I finished off with a small bowl of lightly sugared raspberries and white cheese. All washed down with a couple glasses of Macon.
    Let’s seriously whip up on the boys in blue. Rah Cardinals.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Let’s lend our full support to our newest Bird. Ladies and gentlemen….may I present Adalberto Hortencia Mejia!

What’s for din-din you may ask? Well, it fails in comparison to the esteemed CardinalinFrance’s delicious dinner, but bests The Esteemed Rat’s cheeseburgers & cherry pie sit down. Though I do want to try one of Rat’s Amish pies. Quick little story concerning the Amish. My father hired 6 of them to build log cabin homes along the Wisconsin River outside Portage back in the early 80’s. It was my summer job that year to drive out into the country and pick them up at 5:30am and then spend the day helping them and then driving them home. At first they were very quiet. But soon they loosened up and were very inquisitive. Not once over the summer did I hear one cuss word or anything remotely negative. They loved Friday’s, as we would drive into town and eat at Pizza Hut once a week. And do not let their slender builds fool you, as they are all strong as an ox. What I thought was going to be a grueling and boring summer turned into one of enlightenment and joy, other than that last late August day when I had to drive them home for the final time. I spent a good amount of time that summer daydreaming of what it would be like to live amongst the Amish. I nearly pulled the trigger on doing just that, but I believe that I was too corrupted at that point with drinking with my buddies and chasing young damsels to actually follow through with it. The Amish people I met were truly fantastic individuals!!
    Go Birds!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cy Hendricks barely breaks a sweat in the first as he Ks the side. He spent most of the inning in the middle of the zone.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

hahaha

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

After Goldy pokes a double into the RF corner, Dejong takes a fat pitch down the middle and then flails at two pitches not in the zone. Would have been nice to move the runner over.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wong can’t drive in the run either. O’Neill takes a fat fastball down the middle and then a sneaky breaker. Hendricks with 5 Ks now, the last one on a pitch 3″ outside.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Lead off double ends up camping out there. Our batters would do better to at least swing at the strikes. Bout time for a couple guys to actually hit a ball

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If you think the FSMW guys are bad, the ESPN crew is almost impossible right now. They are arguing about lineup construction on an inane level.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards get a bit lucky as Contreras runs into an out on the Jmart bobble. What I wouldn’t give to bury Hendricks this next inning to stick a knife in the Scrubs.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Nice defense Cardinals, lets get some runs. Had the standard three, pork chops, rice and mixed vegs. I’m a meat and potatoes guy. My son lives in North Indiana , lots of Amish and Mennonite too.They drive the buggys.The local Wallmart has buggy parking with covered feeding and watering barn

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s first and third now with no one out in the 3rd. The Cards are in position…they just need to come through.

On replays, it looks like Mikolas grabbed Bote’s arm. Sneaky.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman swings at one above his eyes. Then a weak K. He looked horrid there. Hendricks is one pitch from sneaking out of this.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We better score with this opportunity.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Who greased Edmunds bat?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now a super weak nubber back to Hendricks. Up to Martinez, and he grounds out. Garbage offense.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

This inning makes me wanna go to Burger King, lay down in the middle of the floor and flail my arms and legs while screaming at the top of my lungs.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Edman just has his worst at bat since he joined the team. Overall bad bottom half of the 3rd…couldn’t score after Baez muffs his throw and Cards get a break on runner interference. C’mon, guys, need to move the runners.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

At this stage, Cardinal hitters are psyched out by Hendricks. Why wouldn’t a hitter just sit back vs this guy and just think slow stuff? Looks like we’re in store for another low scoring game game……right in BicycleMike’s wheelhouse. Pork chops are a sweet dinner, Wooster! Have to have cinnamon flavored apple sauce with chops. cubs have a runner perched out at 2nd with 2 outs here in the 4th, with Happ at the dish. Let’s stay with the action shall we?

Happ – Pops out to Wong to retire the side.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy with another leadoff double. He seems to be the only one really able to make contact with what Hendricks is showing.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years