StL 2019 Game 108 thread: Wed 7/31 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 108 thread: Wed 7/31 vs. Cubs

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Good grief! This is not the way I like to wake up on a stormy Thursday morning in France. Nine hits, zero runs. I don’t think I’m going to be able to watch this one. So much for trout and rice as inspiration.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I turned this one off after the series of chances they had to score and failed. You simply have to get the guy home whenever you have a guy in scoring position with none out. This was a game they should have won.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Agree. Gotta win those close games at home. We know Hendricks has been hard on the Cards, but they had chances against him and the pen both and couldn’t do it. Now, increased pressure to win Game 3 and the series. Only Rats will be happy with just one win of three.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

we had 3 free run in that game if all we did was know how to bunt guys over and hit fly balls to the outfield for sac flies

we had men at 3b with less than 2 outs 4 times and got nothing…i dont care if it was frickin Pujols coming up after a leadoff double…get the guy over to 3b and next guy hit a sac fly to get him in…

we gambled 4 times on getting MORE runs instead of trying to start by getting at least 1…

and we lost the game for it… AGAIN

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Wow. I knew it was bad, but not that bad. Hendricks finds a way to win.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Hendricks should not be so difficult to hit if you remember don’t swing at balls out of the strike zone and take the ball the other way. Goldschmidt’s first double to right was how to approach him.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

People said the same thing about Greg Maddux. I’m not saying that Hendricks is Maddux but we are reminded from time to time that you don’t have to throw 98 mph to be effective.

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.