Spring training 2019

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Spring training 2019

This topic contains 213 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by Avatar thejager 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 201 through 214 (of 214 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

An error I noticed in that article is you said Hudson was optioned out to Memphis.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Corrected. Thanks.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual
    1982 willie
    Participant

Free

well we have a set roster now. I wonder who is going to be sent down when gyrko returns. im thinking robinson but I hope not. the office loves munoz but I don’t love his errors. to me his erroprs hurt more than his bat help but that’s my opinion.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I think the team will have about 10 games of performance to evaluate before having to make a decision with Gyrko.

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Robinson will get far more opportunity to control his own fate. I could see a world where DeJong and Wong play all the games until Goyrko is activated at an earlier retroactive date since they kept him out of all games where tickets are sold.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I see the opposite. I see Robinson and Munoz getting more playing time than they deserve in order to evaluate them.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Since the roster are set, does this mean players with options would have to wait 10 days from the date they were sent out, unless an injury is involved?

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice to see Shreve going to Memphis (i assume the outright means he is going there, but maybe not)
    I don’t think he is far off from being effective, maybe getting some time at Memphis he coudl still be a factor for the team.

Other than adding him back to the 40man there wouldnt be any issues and we are still paying him his arb number right?

i am unclear…and babbling

i hope he gets to Memphis, and finds his way back to the big league club if deserving

Viewing 14 posts - 201 through 214 (of 214 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years