MLB projected roster

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum MLB projected roster

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    NJ315
    Participant

I did say Munoz was the right choice.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree that Brebbia earned a spot last year. It’s a shame there isn’t room for both Brebbia and Mayers. Mayers has been so very impressive this spring. I guess Norris was signed because they figure he won’t crack under pressure and Mayer’s, or Lucas, might.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

As I suspected, Motte realized how many guys were ahead of him and figures to try elsewhere. However, if he really wants an MLB job without going to Triple-A first, he may be waiting a very long time.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Silly boy.

I figured there was one spot for a veteran FA righty in Memphis. Several guys in line to take his place.

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Reports this AM Luke G. will start season on DL. Barring another injury looks like Mayers makes the team and the roster is set.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The other half of the equation is now official.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I figured I had better stop tweeting about it and get to writing!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The interesting things about the 25 man roster.

1) Doesn’t this mean Mercado goes back to Springfield? Playing may be a little scarce at Memphis.

2) Still a logjam at Memphis for the starting rotation.

3) I Am glad a deserving Mayers makes the team. I hope his spring wasn’t a mirage.

14NyquisT
    Participant

It seems that ST always produces a mirage or two, and that isn’t limited to the Cardinals.

ps. I’m learning that baseball fans are becoming more and more fickle everyday. Mayers is getting a lot of support this March. From October to February there were many calling for him to be dropped from the 40-man roster. That one start two years ago put him in the fan’s doghouse…. now he’s having rose petals dropped at his feet. Playing well brings about such cases.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Fickle is a apt descriptor.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fans may be fickle but this is a business. Unfortunately it is produce or go home. Coffee is for closers.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Lucas pitched more Spring training innings with a 0.00 ERA than any other player who wont make an opening day roster. Actually there were only 4 players in Spring training with a 0.00 ERA with more innings pitched. Some reliever for the Braves, our own Mayers, and some guy named Kershaw.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

If only spring success could be bottled…

NJ315
    Participant

That’s they are called fans not rational and objective observers.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Got me there, NJ315.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

after 60 batters faced, a WHIP and FIP three times league avg, and 38 service days, i’ll gladly be called fickle, as long as i’m not in denial of Mayers numbers.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

i said it before but i am so happy to eat crow on wanting to keep Wick over Mayers…maybe it reverses again but he looks like a new guy in his new role…i am always happy to be wrong at the expense of someone else’s success

Did i miss who got cut from the 40man?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

None of the roster moves have been made yet. They still have to get through two more games healthy, especially Pena.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

makes sense…i think you posted it in your article about the roster, but i am thinking they will push the removal as close to the deadline as possible to try to sneak whomever it is through

is there any word on perhaps Gregerson needing a LOT of time? i feel like when first reported it was nothign serious but last i heard on the telecast they said 2-4 weeks? that is a month max…and a large variance in the time…i’d guess it would require some rehabbing too…. could we just 60day him?

i am not a big fan of that, nor am i advocating it, and i think our chances to sneak anyone else through probably diminishes a lot should we not get the opening day roster chance which is rather unique…

just wondering how long Gregerson is really going to be out is all, it seems a lot worse than first reported if it could sit him for a month

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Two weeks, two months, what is the difference? You cannot be stopped in your quest to save Valera. I hope he appreciates it! 😉

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Jag, if you like Valera so much I am not sure why you wouldnt be happy to see him on waivers. It possibly would put him in an organizstion where he could actually get major leahue playing time.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

i am not the only one who likes Valera

my main point is in losing a potentially valuable player without potential need

I made it very clear what i was talking about…that you have turned this into a man-crush is all on you

Valera’s track record seem to show that when given ample time he becomes very valuable at the plate, maybe the Cardinals arent that place, but all i say is that losing him IF… IF …IF we have another route that doesnt involve losing him…then why not take it

also…there are no guarantees Valera is the guy to be cut anyways..going into ST MOz was high enough on him to talk about him publicly

also..Brian..dont embellish my words

Gregerson was supposed to be out a week or a few games..now it could be 4 weeks… Wainwright was supposed to miss a start or even if it was the regular season not miss a start at all then he’d play…and now it is 2 starts… both of those injuries were talked about entirely differently…for the mto SAY 4 weeks means it could be longer…and a couple starts turns into 3 or 4 pretty easily…especially with good depth like Flaherty…. if Gregerson or Wainwright need the time off AND they will need rehab games to get back caught up then i could easily stretch to close to 60 days…would Valera be needed during that time…probably not…but maybe we could work a trade out or maybe someone else will unfortunately get hurt

Reyes going on the 60day is not a stupid thought IF…they were truly going to take it easy with him…if they are playing it safe with him..why not be extra safe and save an asset which might still be useful..or at least save him until you absolutely have to lose him

Whether it is Valera or someone else it is about not getting nothign for the value and money put into the guy…if we lose him we will get nothign back and only potentially watch someone else take all that value for nothing…i dont want to do that unless we absolutely have to…

I like Pena getting the spot instead of Kelly for Kelly yo get more time…but if Valera is to go the Organization said..getting Kelly ABs every day is more important than Valera staying in the organization…hsi potential value to the organization is less valuable than Kelly getting ABs…that is their decision to make, but for a guy who has gotten the call to the bigs once and was talked about highly by the super GM or whatever MOz’s title is a month earlier… it seems a little harsh to assume he isnt worthy of roster manipulation if possible to retain

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.