2021-22 MLB Offseason Activity

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021-22 MLB Offseason Activity

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Mets and Rangers are going crazy with the signings. Are the Mets trying to have a $300M payroll?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Mets are a toxic franchise. Even if they had a rotation fronted by Degrom and Scherzer, they’ll miss the playoffs. Look at all the talent in the lineup they had coming into 2021 and how it worked out. We could only wish to have that sort of ability.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think you are right stl25. They won’t be able to buy success because of their poor leadership. Could you imagine Bill DeWitt acting like a 14 year old brat on Twitter?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Scherzer to the Mets. Three years, $130 million. That’s $43M AAV.

Stupid. They will regret this.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rats just beat me to it. Huge deal.

bccran
    Participant

A display of how sick MLB has become.

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was saying early on that Scherzer would like likely get a 3yr/$90M deal (pre-Dodgers maybe $75M), but man, $130M is crazy.

On paper, the Mets should be really good, even if old. Taijuan Walker is a solid starter and Tylor Megill is good. Then, you don’t know what you may get from Carrasco.

Lineup-wise, they’ll get Cano back at 2B and Nimmo and Canha are really good OBP guys as is Marte so if Lindor can get back to go with Alonso and Escobar….man. That’s a tough lineup.

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Right now, they have a $267M payroll and will probably still get a DH or push Escobar into that role (by signing a Baez or something)

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Mets are crazy but all of the action the last few days are why I would be in favor of a free agent deadline in the offseason. It certainly generates some buzz.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Rangers already got Semien and Gray.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another pitcher off the board.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well the Dodgers have now lost Scherzer and Seager while Kershaw, Taylor, and Jansen remain unsigned. The only deal they have done is Heaney. I am thinking that the uncertainty regarding Trevor Bauer is really hurting the Dodgers. He is owed $70M the next two years and they still don’t know if he will be suspended or not or if they will still have to pay the contract.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

10 years, $325M for Seager. They have an entirely new middle infield. Any chance their spending spree might be used my Mo to offload Miles Mikolas? Haha

The last few days have been so much fun, it’s a real shame that the owners and players couldn’t hammer out a CBA deal and skip that whole lockout mess.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mo with a top 10 off-season, confirmed.

I actually like the Matz deal a lot more after what I saw others getting. I think he’s gonna produce better WAR/$$ than any of the pitchers signed so far, and should hold up pretty well for at least 2-3 years.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I actually like the Matz deal a lot more after what I saw others getting.

I have to admit the Matz deal looks better now than it did last week for me. Some of the amounts these other players are getting is insane. I still wish it was less than 4 years but $44M is nothing compared to some of these contracts.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Seager for 10 years at $325M. Stupid. They will regret this deal like the Mets will regret the Scherzer deal.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kirby Yates to the Braves on a 3 year deal.

Daniel Hudson headed to the Dodgers, it looks like.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

So hey Rangers, ” Who’s on Short? “

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

So, does Seager to the Rangers move Trea Turner back to shortstop? And perhaps Muncy and/or Taylor to 2ndbase? What about 1st now? Would the Dodgers want to bring Pujols back for another year to hit against lefties?

r/Esteemed Rat

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Marte got 76 million over 4 years. Hell they are just throwing money out like tootsie rolls at a parade. I’m glad we didn’t get in on that like some suggested

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

7 years for Baez makes about as much sense as 7 years for Semein. I wonder if Correa will be a Yankee or if the Dodgers will be in on him?

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Wow. Some heads are gonna roll in about a year…

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years