2021-22 MLB Offseason Activity

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021-22 MLB Offseason Activity

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There isn’t really a lesson on youthful internal extensions. Besides Cmart, there isn’t one that has been a bad deal for us. Dejong is the next worst of the recent bunch and even it probably saved us some money over arbitration contracts.

It’s the 30+ extensions that have been more mixed to bad.

I agree that it may not make sense ultimately, but I’d think it will be explored.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This is a big pillow!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow, that’s quite a deal for Noah. He has been great when healthy. He’s just never healthy. The Angels have been snakebit by this type of pitcher, so maybe they’re due for some luck.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think this is like the 20th guy they contacted but it looks like they have finally got it done…maybe.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The following 14 players have reached decisions on their Club’s Qualifying Offer:

ACCEPTED:
    Brandon Belt (San Francisco Giants)

DECLINED:
    Nick Castellanos (Cincinnati Reds)
    Michael Conforto (New York Mets)
    Carlos Correa (Houston Astros)
    Freddie Freeman (Atlanta Braves)
    Raisel Iglesias (Los Angeles Angels)
    Robbie Ray (Toronto Blue Jays)
    Eduardo Rodríguez (Boston Red Sox)
    Corey Seager (Los Angeles Dodgers)
    Marcus Semien (Toronto Blue Jays)
    Trevor Story (Colorado Rockies)
    Noah Syndergaard (New York Mets)
    Chris Taylor (Los Angeles Dodgers)
    Justin Verlander (Houston Astros) – who just re-signed with Houston

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Iglesias whiffed 103 and walked just 12 in 70 innings, with a WHIP south of 1. Let’s get him.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Arte’s Angels have all the money Pugs.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Based on the money and years guys are signing for, I think Mo will be looking for very low hanging fruit. Low as in on the ground, moldy and gnawed by rats.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Based on the money and years guys are signing for, I think Mo will be looking for very low hanging fruit. Low as in on the ground, moldy and gnawed by RATS.

I ain’t gonna gnaw on anything!!!

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Based on the money and years guys are signing for, I think Mo will be looking for very low hanging fruit. Low as in on the ground, moldy and gnawed by rats.

This is why the Cardinals prefer trades over free agents.

shakenbake McBride
    Participant

Free

In panic mode due to the pending loss of Robby Ray, the Jays just threw $131 million for 7 years at Jose Barrios. Considering what they gave up to acquire him it seems they felt obligated to sign him.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It won’t be low hanging by what they have done so far, the fruit is on the ground.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Suzuki could be a good one, probably a starting caliber OFer. Of course, we all had some angst after the Ha Seong Kim non signing last year and he had a pretty bad 2021.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Desclafani was a guy some thought the Cards may have some interest in. MLBTR predicted him to sign for 3 years and $42M so a little higher than his actual deal.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Alex Wood also going back to the Giants. He was another potential Cardinal target.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yikes! A 12 year contract. Nice to see that the Rays have such confidence in our future and the future of MLB.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wander what Franco’s family is thinking? 185MM clams (minimum) is an insane amount of dough for a 20 year old. You have to figure his brother(s) and sister (s) will be getting a couple of hundred grand, immediately off the top. And it should go without saying that a new house and a couple of cars for dear ole’ mom and dad is in their crystal ball. Then you’d think 10k each to good friends and a few relatives. Real estate is generally a good solid investment, so in Wander’s case, a nice crib in the neighborhood of 5MM should suffice. All of this even before he’s old enough to drink. Pretty sweet deal.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Rays might be the smartest, most conservative team in all of baseball or even sports (the As are close). If they are willing to offer this type of deal, they must be pretty darned high on him. I am so, fwiw. He played at a very high level this year and could be an MVP candidate for half his contract. He’s that good.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A big run of signings lately. Marte got 4 years, $76M. Scherzer and Gausman are expected to sign soon. Still, if this contract is a sign of the market, we better expect to pay for any other additions.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mets getting even more desperate??

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Gerrit Cole at $38MM is the all-time MLB record for annual salary. On his last deal, Max made $30 MM per season.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lots of movement going on before the lockout, for sure. Doesn’t seem like the Cards are involved in much of note but it’s interesting to see who ends up where.

Seager is likely to sigh today, maybe Texas or LA

Scherzer looks like maybe the Mets?

Gausman to Toronto

Story is the backup plan for Texas if no Seager

Jon Gray to the Rangers

Avasail Garcia to Miami, who also inked an extension with Alcantara

Michael Lorenzen to Anaheim; I know he was someone that some here wanted to sign

Kole Calhoun to Texas; he was a favorite lefty bat target for me

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.