Luke Gregerson

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Luke Gregerson

Viewing 7 posts - 126 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

What’s funny is I already stated we’re going to disagree about this but you have to have the final word but its your site so I guess you have that privilege. I won’t make any further comment regarding Gregerson.

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Shelby Miller is one year removed from TJ surgery and is on more or less the same schedule as Reyes. One year out and he just threw his first EST outing.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I did not see that Miller just threw, but that would make sense as his surgery was mid-May. Theoretically, they could bring him back sooner than the two-plus month ramp up for Reyes because they are already so deep into the season they could more easily keep him at 100 innings. Also, EST ends in two weeks, so after that, he would probably have to go over to the Arizona League. Of course, their plan for Miller could be different and every player’s body is different, too.

Still, whenever he is deemed ready, it would be nice to see Miller finally get back and realize his potential. He has had a bad run.

(P.S. I forgot to mention that Reyes started throwing last September and re-started with bullpen sessions in Florida in late January, at 11 months post-surgery, six weeks before I saw him in the first days of spring training games. I don’t know when Miller started up his throwing to compare.)

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Update via Rick Hummel:

Veteran righthander Luke Gregerson, disabled with shoulder impingement and less severe elbow difficulties, also underwent testing on Thursday.

Mozeliak had no findings to offer but didn’t expect the news to come back “as completely season-ending.”

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cards-notebook-wait-and-see-approach-for-waino/article_5a4eb569-0334-5b01-b961-1433744e4658.html

Participant

Paid - Annual

Regarding Holland, here are Mo’s comments to Rick Hummel:

Mozeliak, analyzing the slow start of reliever Greg Holland said, “One thing that stands out to me is his strikeout rate and his walk rate and they’re too close.”

Holland, a free agent who signed the day the season opened, walked 13 and fanned eight in 11 2/3 innings before Thursday.

“Trying to play catch-up. . . is a lesson learned for all of us,” said Mozeliak. “It’s not that easy.

“It shows you the value of spring training.”

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
Viewing 7 posts - 126 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years