Cubs thread

Viewing 25 posts - 426 through 450 (of 1,093 total)
  • Author
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gibson 2

When I right click on the image I do not see an option to copy the image address.

The option I get is to copy the dropbox link but apparently that does not work.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

What browser do you use?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Chrome

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

gscottar, since it’s Chrome, I’m not sure what else to suggest. I use Chrome too, and if I right click on the Gibson image I posted above, I get an option to “copy image address.” Then I can paste that address into the IMG function to actually post it on this site.

Since it’s not working that way for you, maybe it’s because we have different versions of Chrome, or maybe more likely, a different operating system. I have a Windows 10 computer.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

ED, I also use Chrome and use the same system as you and it works every time. I have a Windows 7 PC and a Windows 8 Laptop, both with Chrome, and it works on both.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar, since it’s Chrome, I’m not sure what else to suggest. I use Chrome too, and if I right click on the Gibson image I posted above, I get an option to “copy image address.” Then I can paste that address into the IMG function to actually post it on this site.

Since it’s not working that way for you, maybe it’s because we have different versions of Chrome, or maybe more likely, a different operating system. I have a Windows 10 computer.

Yes I have Windows 10 also. Let me explain it in a different way.

If I right click on the image you posted then yes I do get the option to copy image address. However, I don’t want to have to depend on you to post all of my images so I have to go to the source, which is my public Dropbox folder. When I go to the public Dropbox folder, find the image, right click on it, there is no option to save the image address. See the dilemma?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Yes, I see your point gscottar. When I go to your dropbox folder and right click on the image, I do get the option to save the image address. Again, not sure what advise. Maybe try left clicking on the image first so it brings it up in a different window. Then maybe you can right click on the image or maybe the image address will be visible as text in the URL address line.

LOL, we’ve spent way too much time on this, but it seems weird that some people have the problem and others don’t. Anyway, my son and I are about to walk out of our hotel and over to BPV/Busch. Now that’s something worth spending time on.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Screenshot2

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Just a thought, gscottar. Try following the directions using a random image not on Dropbox.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I will move this discussion to the “Questions about TCN” thread since it has nothing to do with the Cubs.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Interesting in depth piece of journalism. Now that Maddon is gone there won’t be anyone else for Theo to blame if the Cubs falter again.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

When you put a club together that got your first championship in 108 years, you get a lifetime pass to do it again.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

No doubt Theo has earned a long rope, but I don’t believe it is unlimited in length. He’s not Connie Mack!

P.S. Thank you for sharing that article link, gscottar.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Yeah, he is not the owner. If the Cubs go into mediocrity for a few years, it will become a case of “what have you done lately”.

And of course personalities play into it as well. 

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The expectations have totally changed there. Their fan base is not going to accept the “lovable losers” mantra any longer. Going forward any season that doesn’t include a playoff run is going to be seen as a failure and will turn the heat up on Theo. If that happens he may look for another rebuild somewhere else. I don’t know enough about their ownership to understand their patience level but I believe their fan base has a patience level shorter than ours if you can believe that.

Paul7
    Participant

Free

A Cub fan here, I agree with the previous post, but am not an Epstein or Joe ‘Look at Me’ Maddon fan. He darn near threw away the 2016 Championship with his terrible handling of pitching, with no guarantee when we would have got back to the WS again. Epstein did well inheriting a lot of good young players drafted after the Cubs tanked, hasn’t developed hardly any more and let go of or traded five players who make the All Star Game this year with other teams. Arietta was a fluke. I was sitting on a plane next to a Yankee fan who said Epstein is more of an AL GM, whatever that means. I do think at least the Cubs will be competitive with the Cards (a good new thing for us) if nothing else due to the sheer amount of money they’ll have to spend with the new TV deal. That can cover up a lot of FO stupidity.

Neither of our team’s fans should put up with mediocrity, Cub fans did that for far too long. I don’t believe in being more loyal to a team than they are to their fans.

That’s all.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well stated Paul7.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Maddon very close to a deal to pilot the Angels in ’20.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Welcome, Paul7. Good first post.

I do have a question about this part, though. It reads really good – until you try to determine what it means and how it is measured. Then it becomes nothing more than one person’s opinion vs. another.

“I don’t believe in being more loyal to a team than they are to their fans.”

Are the Ricketts more loyal to their fans than the DeWitts? What about Lerner in DC, who let Harper go? His team is now in the World Series. Is he loyal to his fans now, but wasn’t over the winter?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Are the Cubs making a mistake here?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Gee. It has only taken 4 1/2 years to resolve this.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The headline says Grandpa Rossy has a “no-nonsense style”, but I read nothing in the article that substantiates that, so is it a fact or a hope?

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/new-cubs-manager-ross-brings-no-nonsense-style-to-a/article_356ecc50-955f-50b7-a65a-10a64dbc81ae.html

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian, this grievance over the Cubs’ service time manipulation…is that tweet indicating that if Bryant wins his case, he could be a free agent a year early? I understand that the Cubs jerked him around in 2015, but not necessarily the details of exactly what he is looking for now.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Yes, that is a possibility, though we have no idea what will happen. Earlier free agency or a difference in compensation between an arb 3 salary vs. what he would get as an FA or a penalty of some kind or ????

My wild guess is that MLB knows it is caught and has stalled dealing with this matter as long as they possibly could. Perhaps they have been trying to negotiate behind the scenes with the Union.

As much as I am sympathetic to Bryant and the players here, I wonder if this is a legal or an ethical matter? I guess the answer is the latter, or this would have been in the courts long ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 426 through 450 (of 1,093 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.