Cardinals – Rays Trade

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Cardinals – Rays Trade

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

If draft picks are traded as Rosenthal suggests…

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The guys on The Fast Lane 101.1 have been talking about this being a precursor to a trade with Colorado. Also, said that there are three players on each side with Tampa Bay sending two of their prospects.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

No one is going to know the details of this deal until tomorrow…..

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

I am glad they got rid of Jose Martinez to open up playing time for the players that are left.

This is the kind of trade the Cardinals need to do more often – consolidation trades of people ready to go for high upside prospects…

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Lol Heyman is a legend lol

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I’d have to think that Liberatore would be the Cardinals #2 prospect.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

I wish I could link this to my calendar in 3-4 years and look back, but it seems like a win?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I guess we shall now see what Jose Martinez can do in the AL as a DH. Let me be clear here – I hope he thrives. He might now that he doesn’t have to play defense.

r/Rat

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

I was thinking Randy had to be the piece due to similar status within the organization.
    I believe there is a Gorman Thomas season in O’Neill. Randy Arozarena can now fulfill his destiny to give life to the memory of Bernard Gilkey. Jose Martinez can now dh.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

So that seems like O’neill will be in LF, Fowler is sadly in RF, and Bader vs Thomas vs Edman in CF?

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Sad to see Arozarena go because I think he’ll be a better MLB player than O’Neil.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

I really like this trade for the Cardinals, cleared the roster, upgraded the farm system…

PLUS, Passan is reporting the Cardinals are shopping Fowler…If they can trade him as well this will be a very productive offseason…

Possibly trade Fowler?

GameCard
    Participant

Free

I agree on all that LA

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

“So that seems like O’neill will be in LF, Fowler is sadly in RF, and Bader vs Thomas vs Edman in CF?”

Maybe I’m overthinking it, ChiTown, but I think this deal was partly to make a clearer path for someone in particular. I’d lay even money the Cards announce a Marcell Ozuna signing within 48 hours. And I’ll hate it, regardless of the dollars or duration of the contract. But it won’t be quite as painful now, since they’ll be blocking one fewer outfielder.

In a vacuum, though, this is a fine trade for both teams. Cards deal from surplus to fill a true organizational need. (And no, it has nothing to do with Liberatore’s handedness. He’s an elite pitching prospect, that’s all that ever matters.) Devil Rays improve for the now at least, and maybe the later. Much will hinge on how well Liberatore develops; he’s got talent, no doubt about it. Wonder if the young Tampa catcher involved is Edgardo Rodriguez. Looked pretty promising based on his DSL season in 2018, before a lost 2019 season.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

Love this deal. I don’t want to trade our new LHP + prospects for 2 years of Arenado. If you can get anything for fowler do so. Now that Martinez is gone and the OF logjam is a little clearer I am not so averse to resigning Ozuna. I love, love, love this deal!

forsch31
    Participant

Free

IF, big IF, it was the Cardinals’ choice on either Arozarena or O’Neill to the Rays, count me as someone who is disappointed. The Cardinals do not need to keep hitters who strikeout a bunch just because they can hit home runs. We need hitters who get on base and Arozarena is that type of hitter. He will also hit around 15 home runs a year.

That rant over, I am glad to acquire a pitcher that is that highly rated. It thinned out our OF glut and gave us a high rated prospect.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Boras: Let’s get it done Mo, $2.5M?
    Mo: Send the paperwork, I’m busy trading CMart now

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Bob Reed, was it for Ozuna (agree, who I’m highly against bringing back to preface) or to bring up Carlson around April 22-25th?

The Cards still have a lot of chips to play, but all of the “tanking” teams don’t have many options that would be of interest.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.