Bader to miss at least four weeks

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Bader to miss at least four weeks

Viewing 5 posts - 101 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There are very few hitters who choke up on the bat and look to punch one through the hole.

The emphasis is on bat speed and exit velocity rather than bat control. It is why defensive shifts are increasingly effective. My hope is that MLB will not implement more sandlot rules directing where defenders can and cannot position, so that batters will have to learn how to hit again. First, though, I think there will have to be an effective way of measuring it objectively and putting it on a spreadsheet, like bat speed and exit velocity. I say this in all seriousness.

bccran
    Participant

Just hope they don’t drive the fans away, bb. More boring games and the cost to attend them has sky rocketed.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It is too late for me in a certain sense. I no longer find games enjoyable to watch and have seen very few live or on TV in the last few years. I still do like to follow the story line, and I scan the box score most days. I think I may see if there will be any fan access over at the alt site in Sauget this summer. That might be fun. I’ve seen a fair number of ball games there the last few years.

bccran
    Participant

Been a rabid fan since Jabbo Jablonski, Rip Repulski, Harry Breechen, etc. were on the team. I watch almost every game, every season, bb. But I’ve grown increasing bored with the pace of play and the style of play over the past few years. Maybe that’s why I get frustrated watching guys like Skip Schumaker and Harrison Bader step out of the batters box and re-Velcro their gloves after every pitch. Guys who aren’t exciting hitters anyway. It’s a yawner. And watch guys look at hittable pitches right down the middle early in the count, run up the count, and then miss by a mile on a 3-2 pitch. Or Carp giving the ump a dirty look on a pitch that’s clearly a 3rd strike on TV. Miss the excitement of Vince Coleman stealing bases, the sacrifice bunt, squeeze play, etc. Ozzie’s back flip. Gibby throwing another complete game shutout, etc. Things have become way to cubby holed and vanilla.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We will have to keep an eye on outfield defense while Bader is out. He is an elite defender, but if the three that are out there everyday prove adequate, then it comes down to whether Bader is one of the top three bats among the group. Not meaning to kick a guy who is down, but I hope that is not the case.

Viewing 5 posts - 101 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.