Bader to miss at least four weeks

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Bader to miss at least four weeks

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

It’s a really good thing that willie and some others have a built in buffer by being on this forum, as opposed to other forums. Other forums are all over Bader. Criticizing his attitude during interviews, his mic’d up session, his constant fidgeting with his gloves, his long permed look at me golden locks, his poor offensive numbers, etc. They are even tongue—in-cheek saying that his forearm issue may have been caused by so many cutesy bat flips.

But the buffer is here, so that’s good in that those kinds of things aren’t being espoused by a large number of “don’t care for Bader’s act” posters on CT.

Participant

Free

That’s why this isn’t CT. It’s also why I post here and not CT.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Why would I need to go on other forums to talk about baseball. I like this one. I especially wouldn’t want to go on them if all they do is bully players and maybe posters and criticize trivial stuff that hasn’t nothing to do with on the field play. Talking about people’s hair or how they talk. I wonder how people can live in a world filled with such hate and jealousy.

Participant

Free

It makes no one happy to read reports of the trash that is written on other forums. By all means tell us if there is some fantastic news. I don’t want to block anyone, but neither do I want to hear the latest gossip about our players.

I think we should all have higher standards for our behavior than a 16year old kid starting to write on Cards Talk. What they write shouldn’t have any bearing on what we permit, and I don’t need to know what I am missing.

It is frankly disgusting to give such juvenile, immature posts at other forums currency by repeating them here.

Participant

Paid - Annual

For Brian’s sake I hope the Cards don’t ever trade Bader because if they do he may have to shut the site down since Bader generates about 75% of the posts.

Participant

Free

As I said, glad you have that buffer, willie. You too, Forsch. Safe harbor.
    High comfort level.

Participant

Free

You too, so cal. Safe harbor.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t need a buffer. I would tell those yahoos the same thing I tell you. You are the one who seems to need the buffer, you always saying I’m picking on you.

Participant

Free

Bc I wish you were less concerned about my safe harbor or buffer and stuck more to baseball. You don’t seem as if you are genuinely interested in my ‘buffer’. If you were, you wouldn’t (in the very same post, #156398, where you share your concern)immediate spoil that buffer by spreading gossip about Bader, from other forums. Your attitude thus comes across more condescending than kind.

Participant

Free

Peace, willie and so cal.

Participant

Free

Do these posters on other sites also talk about Carlson adjusting his batting gloves? He does it too. Do they talk about Gant’s long hair? It is obviously long. Do they talk about Carpenter’s constant movement while in the batter’s box? He does that. Did they talk about Wong adjusting his batting gloves? He did it too.

Participant

Free

Peace, Forsch.

Participant

Free

I thought so.

Participant

Free

Enough flesh pile, Forsch. Many on one. Funs over. Be nice. Peace.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

“other sites” garbage being brought over here just waters down this forums unique credibility.

Participant

Free

Peace, jj. “Many on 1” gang fight’s over. Time to move on and be congenial.

Participant

Free

bc, I will leave it alone. Just don’t be surprised, or play the victim, if these same points about appearance or other sites brings more backlash. I know I PREFER to talk about the merits of a player on the field or the team and not his appearance or an amateur psychological evaluation.

Participant

Free

Got it, Forsch. Players are great. No faults. All is fine with the Cards.
    Let the season begin. Drive for the top. Kumbaya.

Participant

Free

Faults in their GAME is great, too.

Participant

Free

The only other Cardinals forum I read, they love Bader because they are into things like defense.

Participant

Free

Last of the 9th, Cardinals behind by one. Runners on 2nd and 3rd. Two outs. 3 and 2 on the batter. Batter with hands down on the knob of the bat takes a might swing for the fences and strikes out. Instead of shortening up, and trying to make contact with the ball and punch one through the hole. All good, jj, Forsch, so cal, willie, etc. No comment to be made. That would be negative, and be a put down re the player. Totally understand.

Participant

Free

News flash: our starting 8 batted 12 for 35, or about .342 today. Very encouraging.

Participant

Free

Dylan Carlson tonight was hitting in the bottom of the 9th. Runners on first and second with 2 outs and a 2-2 count. Struck out…and he’s someone we are not supposed to be worried about. Things happen to all hitters. I am not going to call out 1 plate appearance to run him down. I still think he will be a good hitter.

The game is played differently today. There are very few hitters who choke up on the bat and look to punch one through the hole. I can only think of 1 player on the current Cardinals team that does a very good job of changing his hitting approach when the game is on the line.

I will guarantee you that there are very few (I would guess less than 10%) of the hitters in the game today who change their hitting approach when the game is on the line. Their swing is the same and the way they hold the bat is the same. They only think differently about the plate appearance. A vast majority of the players will swing for the fences on every swing if that is their normal swing.

Participant

Paid - Annual

There you go bccran, you said let there be peace but you just can’t resist. Always trying t start stuff. You do realize this isn’t the spring training game thread right? Of course when it’s bader you always mention his name, but not this time, just a player. Hmm. Far as what you are talking about, forsch nailed it on the head. But again wrong thread

Participant

Free

That’s an interesting discussion point Forsch. Changes in the game. A game that is slowly sliding in fan interest. Guys swinging for the fence and striking out in crucial situations instead of just making contact. Less stolen bases. Less hits and runs. Almost non existent squeeze plays.
    All or nothing – Home run, walk, or K.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years