Bader to miss at least four weeks

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Bader to miss at least four weeks

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

From Spring Training news thread today:

Bader will open season on IL. Flareup in his forearm. PRP injection then rest. Solid 4 weeks out at a minimum. Had affected throwing before, yesterday told it is affecting his hitting. Requires more time, rest, more serious treatment. Earlier treatment would help short term, but it came back. Impacts game defensively. Gold Glove caliber defender. Other guys have opportunity to step up. Carlson strong possibility to be in CF to replace him.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Uh oh. We will absolutely miss our anchor out there defensively. Hopefully he heals up and comes back strong for a run in 2021.

1982 willie
    Participant

Wonder who all the negative people on this board will turn on to hate now that bader is out for a while. They will still find ways to hate on him I’m sure

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

looks like Thomas just got the CF job for a while.O`Neill in LF and Carlson in RF.Dean and Williams as backups.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Where is Dexter Fowler when we need him………

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

looks like Thomas just got the CF job for a while.O`Neill in LF and Carlson in RF.Dean and Williams as backups.

Bw52, Shildt seemed to indicate that it will be Carlson. Thomas or Williams may split time in RF.

On the offensive side, I don’t think there will be any difference. It may even be an upgrade. On the defensive side, it will be a big loss. Carlson is not in the same league as a defender as Bader.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It will be O’Neill in LF and Carlson in CF.

RF will be Thomas or Williams but this at least gives Dean or Nogowski a chance to make the team unless Shildt plugs Edman into the OF picture, which I hope he doesn’t.

bccran
    Participant

I could comment about this, but I won’t. Let’s see how Dean does.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As they say ‘One man’s misfortune is another man’s treasure’. Looks like Thomas is not going to be penalized for having a somewhat mediocre spring. Sure hope Bader’s arm is okay. I had no idea that he’s been toughing it out with an ailing forearm all spring.

bccran
    Participant

Things like this generally have a degree of truth.

Nathan Leopold Jr.
    Participant

Free

I have a different view of Bader’s misfortune. I never thought he was very good anyway so for me it’s not a big loss. It will not be a big drop off in defense. It will be a huge, huge upgrade to the offense. If they had started Bader on opening day I was prepared to vomit. Now, I don’t have to so, that’s good.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well the piling on has begun. Of course, when they struggle anyway, it will still be baders fault according to the haters. Doesn’t take long does it. Since most of these guys overall stats aren’t much better than baders, I expect about the same offense, it’s defense where he will be missed.

bccran
    Participant

If a poster doesn’t particularly care for a player for several reasons, it’s not hate. It’s just that they don’t particularly care for that player for several reasons. Every team has players that go down to injury which can be a surprise, vague, and in some cases a convenience. As with HB.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So now who is our #8 hitter?

bccran
    Participant

Edman
    Carlson
    Goldschmidt
    Arenado
    DeJong
    O’Neill
    Molina
    Nogowski/Williams
    Pitcher

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Oh shoot. Is Carpenter hurt also?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Edman
    Carlson
    Goldschmidt
    Arenado
    DeJong
    O’Neill
    Molina
    Nogowski/Williams
    Pitcher

Yes, this is the lineup we need to employ. Perhaps switch Goldschmidt and Arenado and it would be perfect as far as I am concerned.

r/Esteemed Rat

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Not hating on either player by the way. Would be the same way if my best friend was the one not producing. Is not a short term hiccup with either. They have both been bad for a couple years now. Just being honest with the talent they have been lacking.

1982 willie
    Participant

Not liking a particular player is all well within reason, also bringing up stats in pertinent situations, how they are product nh or not, is all fine. But going out of your way to criticize a player or hope against them, or denigrate them because of skin color, hair length, or other tidly stuff and continually finding ways to belittle them even in threads or discussions not related to them is hating. I don’t love every player that has worn a cardinal uniform but I don’t go out of my way to denigrate them either. Some do.

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

Pretty sure they are going to have to go get an Outfielder by the trade deadline, Bader wasn’t exactly tearing it up this spring, I think the jury is still out on everyone else, be interesting to see how O’Neil does starting out as a regular in the lineup, think it is important he get off to a good start.

Was looking at what who could possibly be available in the summer, came up w/ a few names, sure there will be more

Marte…Marlins
    Gallo…Rangers
    Peralta…dbacks
    Polanco…Pirates
    Merrifield…Royals
    Upton….Angels

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

I don’t know of a player I really dislike. I don’t personally know any of them. I will point out players that I don’t think are cutting the mustard. I like Bader’s speed and I had hoped Carp could get straightened out. But two years is no small sample. Time to give someone else a shot.

1982 willie
    Participant

Sorry kscardfan, not talking about you in any way. Your thoughts are perfectly legit. While I personally think bader should be treated like anybody else that has an injury and be given a chance to earn his spot back, bader has had more chances so I can see your point. I just feel until I see players that are really an improvement over him in more than one facet if that, he gets the benefit of my doubt.

bccran
    Participant

Poster reviews an interview of a player and doesn’t care for it. Poster sees the same player in a mic’ed practice session and doesn’t care for his cocky, cutsy attitude. That player has had over 1,000 major league plate appearances to prove himself offensively and has failed to do it. The poster doesn’t care for that either. Player stinks it up at ST this year, and then says it’s because he’s been injured.
    Poster is hoping someone else will step up and help this ball club. No hate. Just looking for answers from an unproven outfield.

1982 willie
    Participant

Now poster calling player and coach a liar. Proof is in the pudding.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We are not going to discover impact if we insist upon clogging the active roster with mediocrity.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.