Agreement on 2021 rules/salaries/service time/contracts

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Agreement on 2021 rules/salaries/service time/contracts

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Both MLB and the players association are willing to cut off their noses to spite their face. It seems almost inevitable that there will be a strike or lockout in 2022. This will have a catastrophic effect on revenues as fans who are scarred by the events of 2020-21 will choose to spend their money elsewhere. Again, I could see baseball being the #3 revenue sport by 2022 and threatening #4 by the decade’s end.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Should like the players are ready to show up for ST. Makes me wonder if the gates will be open.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Which gates are you referring to?

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

At each ST facility

*Sounds like* (above). Think one word, typed another.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Do not expect fan access to the back fields this spring. As noted on the schedule thread, game capacity is going to be about 25%.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We’ll know shortly.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

I think this ideal of not allowing fans at stadiums is ludicrous at this point. I understand not at full capacity at some stadiums but none is rediculous. Mlb baseball is basically a job not leisure activity. They have a right to open their business and make money. All places have policies but they don’t regularly enforce them especially when it effects their bottom line, why should professional sports be any different. At this point I think that mlb should allow teams to sell apps that let you stream all their games just like disney plus or netflix and have no limitations like the regular mlb streaming.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Hands are being shown…

Participant

Paid - Annual

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cant read that article unless one subscribes.

With a month delay and only eight games less wouldnt that mean quite a few doubleheaders?

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I wish I knew why tweets display some times but not others. No rhyme or reason to it…

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Get rid of the “commissioner gets to cancel the season” part and I’d be happy if that was the agreement.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

I wish I knew why tweets display some times but not others. No rhyme or reason to it…

I have wondered the same thing Brian.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I think the owners are overestimating how much the universal DH means to the players. I have heard some people say “it creates more jobs”. How is that? The only way to create more jobs is to expand the rosters. I guess it creates more jobs to players who aren’t good enough to play in the field but other than that I don’t see how it is a big boon to the players.

The owners keep trying to trade the universal DH in exchange for expanded playoffs but the two issues really aren’t equal.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

You are right, gscottar. And it is further exacerbated by MLB limiting the player share of expanded playoff revenue. As is, MLB’s proposal has almost no chance of being accepted.

There are some who believe the players will not give on expanded playoffs period for 2021, instead wanting to keep it as a bargaining chip for the new CBA. That makes sense to me from a negotiating standpoint.

Participant

Paid - Annual

With expanded playoffs the players get more work and therefore, more money, and they get an expanded opportunity to win something personally, and for their team. If they object to that, then they’re just posturing and in a sense, already negotiating the next CLB.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

If I post a tweet link from my laptop they show up but if I’m using my cellphone they don’t show the actual tweet, just the link.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years