2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread

Home › The Cardinal Nation Forums › Open Forum › 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread

Viewing 22 posts - 276 through 297 (of 297 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #320527
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    The CG shutout that he worked was against SD, so it makes sense to hand him the baseball and give him the turn for this game 3, Pugs.

    #320530
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I hope Dustin May has a good game tonight.

    #320536
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    So far so good, TD & Mud. Two beautiful innings by the former Cardinal……pitch count at 31. As the game moves on, May seems to pitch better in tight ballgames. I’m thinking this game finishes 4-3…..flip a coin as to the victor.

    #320537
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Wish we had a great defensive center fielder who was at least an average hitter. Siani may have been one of the best I’ve seen, and that includes this Merrill fellow and PCA. Too bad he couldn’t hit a lick.

    #320539
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Yeah, I want my CF’er to rip the baseball like Willie Mays, Pugs…Or, at least like Jimmy Edmonds.

    #320541
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Padres get a run, but Tatis is going to have to do better than a little GB RBI out if SD is going to make this NLDS competitive. Here comes one of those Mannys…

    #320544
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    And that Manny delivers the 2 out RBI base hit to make it 2-0 Padres. Every team needs at least one Manny. I wish we had one of them Mannys…

    #320546
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Funny you bring up Jimmy Ballgame, TD. The wifey recently was watching “Housewives of Orange County” reruns that were about 10 years old. Anyway Jimmy’s wife at the time was prominently featured and thus Jimmy had a fair amount of cameo appearances. I had my dear “Housewive of The Frozen Tundra” summon me to come watch anytime Jimmy was on.

    • This reply was modified 9 hours, 34 minutes ago by PugsleyAddams.
    #320548
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Now Contreras answers back with the solo tater in the visitor half of the 4th inning to cut the Padre lead in half.

    #320549
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Haha…”Housewive of the Frozen Tundra”…That’s cold!

    #320551
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    She sure can be at times, Willie. I think I mentioned this last week, that she’s in Hawaii. It’s pure par…..tay time around here with her gone for another week. You should see this joint…….dishes and pizza boxes laying around the kitchen, unmade bed, 2 empty Wild Turkey bottles and newspapers strewn about in the tv room. She’s a total neat freak…..nothing can be out of place. She would be totally aghast if she could see this place right now. I already have my daughter and her friend lined up to clean this place up a day prior to her return.

    #320552
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    I’m guessing that the Padres need to push at least another 4 or 5 runs across to avoid having to reserve a tee time for tomorrow.

    #320553
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Smart move by Pat Murphy getting May out of the game right away. May usually buries himself at about this time.

    #320554
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    JJ Romero pitches a scoreless 4th, yielding just a leadoff free pass.

    #320557
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Jojo saves the day. Makes the trade with the Cardinals a win for Milwaukee.

    #320560
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Wow never imagined the 3rd base coach sending Pratt on home on such a short fly to left……and Pratt scored with relative ease. I knew he was fast, but not that fast. Maybe it’s just my imagination, but there sure seems to more lightening fast white guys in sports these days than there used to be.

    #320561
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    And JJ gives up a leadoff 5th inning tater to right to Cronenberg…..3-2 Pads.

    #320562
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    TD? You’re great at these questions. How many Cardinal connections do we see in this game. Off the top of my head obviously JJ and May.

    #320563
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Tatis Jr. son of Fernando Tatis…..the Redbird two grand slamaroos in one inning vs the Dodgers back in the day.

    I think ex-Redbird Allen Craig is some sort of a special assistant with the Pads.

    #320564
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    I’d have to check the rosters, Pugs. I had entirely forgotten that Romero was a Brewer until he made an appearance in this NLDS the other day. These guys bounce around so much that I sure can’t keep track of their current whereabouts. Just the other day during a White Sox game I noticed that Tommy Pham has now played for 10 different teams in his 13 season career…Haha!

    #320565
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Oh, I forgot to mention that there was also a Grichuk sighting during one of those White Sox/Indian games…They’re everywhere!

    #320566
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    The Padres hang on to place a 4-3 W into the books and extend this NLDS and change the complexion of this best of 5. Even the Rockies can win 2 in a row and they don’t have one of them Mannys…We’ll see what happens.

Viewing 22 posts - 276 through 297 (of 297 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years