2023 World Baseball Classic

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2023 World Baseball Classic

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 281 total)
  • Author
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I get up early for work so I’m checking out. Hope NA is OK. see ya.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Mikolas with another effective inning. No mercy rule, but I think this one’s about as safe as an uninsured deposit in an FDIC member bank right now.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Hmmm…Must be planning on having a couple of Rob Roys while going over the corporate spread sheet…Haha! All jokes aside, I was once in Hamburg and saw 3 or 4 CEO type guys dressed in what looked like beautifully tailored Saville Row suits sitting at an outside table conducting business on a nice summer day. They were all drinking large litre size bottles of beer which wouldn’t have surprised me too much except that it was 9am and I was having my first cup of coffee…Haha!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Take care, Bling!

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Nice workout for Waino amd Miles. Just what the doctor ordered leading into the season. Maybe one more light workout before it all gets underway in a little over a week and a half.

Just get everyone else to opening day unscathed and let’s roll.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

In a NATO tour (Northern Europe) we often had semi-business related luncheons at the base club where a few or even many dozens would attend. The wine and beer flowed freely. After lunch everybody would be expected go back to to their offices for duty. A totally different take on things.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Yeah, I’d say so, TexasCard. Adam and Miles both had the look of pitchers competing in a high stakes atmosphere. That can’t hurt once they get underway during games that count.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Yeah, they drink over there, Euro. My first thought was, “How in the heck is there any wine and beer left over for the rest of the world”…Haha!

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

I like that Mullins. Sweet swing.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

See you Tuesday night.

If interested, you can watch the young better-than-Ohtani phenom (Sasaki) on the mound tomorrow night. I think I heard Darvish would start in the championship game if Japan beats Mexico.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As the starter, Waino only went 4 IP and was credited with the win. The WBC is different I guess.

Hopefully today we get confirmation NA is indeed OK.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

As the starter, Waino only went 4 IP and was credited with the win. The WBC is different I guess.

Yep, I read the 5 inning requirement doesn’t apply. I’m guessing the rationale is partly because there are pitch count limits in play that make it more difficult for starters to go 5.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I figured it was something like that Euro.

On another note, I read where Noot is piling up hundreds of thousands of social media followers world wide. I think we are in for an interesting sub-plot going on this season.

I am willing to go out on a limb and say that the Cardinals social media training for players does not cover this exact situation.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Mexico up 3-0 end of the 5th. Arozarena reached over the wall to pull back a long fly to keep Japan scoreless.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Nootbaar just had a chance to bring Japan back closer with runners on 2B and 3B and two outs. He worked the count and got a walk to load the bases. Next batter hit another deep one to the track that looked like trouble, but the LFer made a a nice running grab of the ball, backing against the wall. It was that Randy guy again, lol.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Seeing how this played put seeding wise I wonder if the US didn’t lose that game on purpose to Mexico. Our pitching is set up perfect and our hitting has been lit. I think they walk the dog tomorrow if it’s Mexico.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Just tuned in and saw that the Randy guy stole a tater from the Japanese. I saw him make a spectacular defensive play in the OF against PR the other night. I’ve always felt that players can get hot with the oven mitt as well as the bat. Arozarena’s on a nice little run with his.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Things change in a hurry.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Looks like Jo Jo and Gio handed it over to Tokyo…

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Japan wins 6-5 on a walk off 2-run double. Gallegos gets the blown save and loss. Great game and tough loss for the Mexicans after leading most of the game.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Are all 6 runs charged to Redbird pitchers?

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Nope. Just looked at the box. 2 ER’s apiece charged to Jo Jo and Gio.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Yep 1td, our Redbird relievers faced a combined total of 6 batters tonight and recorded just one out. Four of them scored and the other one got the walk off double. Five of the six runs were driven in against them.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Should be a good final tomorrow. I was kind of hoping to play Japan as I think they’re the better team and want the USA to beat the best. Anything can happen, but I’d have to guess the USA is the favorite. Lot of guys who can rip it up from the top to the bottom of that line-up. I wonder who gets the baseball for the USA?

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 281 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.