2023 StL Game #54: Saturday, May 27 at Cleveland

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2023 StL Game #54: Saturday, May 27 at Cleveland

Viewing 6 posts - 101 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

If you count Liberatore, the Redbirds now have 4 members of the rotation with an ERA under 5.00…Hey, it’s better than it’s been.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice to get a win with only two hits.

Brewers lost, Pirates lost, Cubs lost. I like it.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It seems to me that the Guardians really need some offense and we know the Cards need some pitching. Seems like a marriage made in heaven come July.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

GS, agree, good teams match, but you also know salary, and future salary, is a big concern for CLE.

CLE positional ranking within mlb:

catcher: 30th
    DH: 29th
    RF: 26th

They look pretty committed from first to third, but maybe Knizner, Yepez, Burleson or Carlson would be affordable enough with club control to be of interest to them.

You’re not going to get an ace for the names I just mentioned, but moving any of these players would help thin out our redundent depth.

Knizner is light years ahead of their catcher last night. He may have sneaky good trade value at a position of quality scarcity.

Carlson as a CF’r is another hard position to fill, and his affordable club control helps increase our return.

I doubt they’d want O’Neill, but he could be thrown in. CLE knows his arb3 needs to be tendered next winter and they could audition him knowing they have a cost free bailout built in.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was off doing family stuff so missed the entire game. Wow. A game won entirely be the pitching (and Donovan’s steal of 3rd), with the starter turning in a stand up performance. Nice work by Jack and the pen. The hitters need to be running laps and doing pushups.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Not sure any true baseball fan likes the ghost runner rule, but it worked out for us last night.

Still I would modify the rule to take effect in the 13th inning if a game goes that far. Play the normal rules for 3 extra innings, and it the tie is not settled by then implement the runner on second so teams do not kill their pitching staffs.

Then maybe have a rule where after any game that goes longer than 12 innings, the teams can call up a couple of pitchers without it impacting their number of allowable call-up/send-down transactions. Maybe allow a couple of call-ups, and two pitchers on the roster are designated as “taxi squad” guys, where they do not need to go anywhere, but are ineligible for a game or two.

Viewing 6 posts - 101 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.